Sunday, February 10, 2013

I'm happy with that

I sat on the edge of Ron's bed, talking away.  I'd made some pudding, the kitten wanted it, and I made her walk all over Ron after the pudding bowl.  Up to the shoulder.  Down to the hip. Across the ribcage, as Ron laughed and giggled.  We gossiped about some Old Testament scandals, and had a great quality time. 

He was drunk.  He was so drunk he almost fell down going to the bathroom. 

One thing Al-anon has taught me - don't make my happiness conditional on Ron being sober.  If I do that I won't be very happy. 

I'm sure people think I am saying too much; but I know there's someone else out there, many of them, hurting so badly over their alcoholic spouse.  Wondering if they can ever be happy. 

God has given me the grace to accept the things I can't change. 

I'm happy with that. 

{The kitten did get a few licks of pudding when I finished, it was lemon, not chocolate)

No comments: