Monday, December 13, 2010

Better than expected

Today was a lot better than I expected.   Ron was alert and ready to go to work; we went and did it all.  Sales are still pretty low, but enough. 

I really seek to be God's daughter; and I want to act in a way that pleases Him.  You can guess how I would have LIKED to act; but I kept it to a bare minimum.  When Ron needed help; I helped him, without making him "Pay" for it.  I think overall God was pleased. 

I was even able to laugh at the theft of yet ANOTHER Christmas tree off the vending machines.  I'm down to 4 trees, from 6.  I can't fathom the type of person who'd do that.  I just shrugged and went on with it; whereas before I started spending all my God Time; I would have brooded and ranted about it endlessly.  I let it go; just like I let the rest go. 

I got paid.  Yay.  I also concluded my interview for the pizza, so I ought to get that check pretty soon.  That should buy a few Bibles. 

We came home, I tried to nap.  Couldn't.  Too much caffeine and adrenaline, I think. 

Talked to Ron, popped him in the wheelchair and we took the bus to a Taqueria.  We had a good lunch and then investigated a soda source.  Ron was delighted to find all the options available for us. 

He cut a deal with the other vendor to buy bottled drinks; but the drinks bought will only be sold out of the cold food vendor and not the bottle vendor.  We can do that, easily. 

Someone on the other side of the hall was scoffing rudely at the concept of Ron keeping his word.  What has he done to them?  [Heather raises an eyebrow]

I will take GREAT delight in only stocking other drinks into the machine; it's fun.  I ENJOY merchandising; and "assistant" managing a small business.  I enjoy hunting down good bargains, buying them, and dragging them into work at 4 AM.  I enjoy seeing them move out of the machine and into the hands of hungry and thirsty Postal Workers. 

That's my job!  I'm going to give it 100%. 

I think I did a pretty good job of taking care of myself today, too.  I watched "Prince Caspian" and enjoyed it.  Pretty dark for a while.

I didn't have any problems with depression today.  That's always a treat.

Tomorrow's Offday.  I will pick up some presents and go to the Post Office and mail them.  Then probably off to Favorite Dollar in search of more Christmas trees.  I might get a small inflatable reindeer to put on the machine.  

I forgot to add; Ron is initiating portion control.  It's a good start! 

No comments: