Saturday, December 11, 2010

You can't get cherries off a cactus!

Getting munched by depression today.  Yuck. 

Not a bad day, either.  It was lovely in Houston, warm, humid, and sunny. 

I slept in until 7:30, got up.  Ron and I talked for a while.  I feel like we have pretty good communication and understanding. 

It's really a hassle that we're being "persecuted" at work by the other blind vendor, but the Bible says "By their fruits you will know them";  meaning that people rooted in Jesus will produce good fruits; and people rooted in the world will produce bad fruits.  You can't get cherries of a cactus! 

So, you can't expect a "Worldly" person, concerned with himself and his wallet, to have Christian fruits of kindness and mercy.  Sad thing, I'm sure he thinks he's a GREAT guy! 

Anyway, kind of a battle to leave that all up to God, but we have to do it.  We have some ideas. 

Ron worries about me doing physical labor, and I find it cute.  He doesn't really understand: physcial labor is probably the easiest part of my day!  It's the mental; audio "Listen to this and understand all of it; then go do it!" stuff that gives me the screams.  Picking up cases of soda?  Nothing! 

God has blessed me with a strong, healthy, body.  Bubba just came by to say "Meow!", then he left.  He's the black cat. 

I decided it would be a good idea to go work on my garden today.  1.  It's a lovely day.  2.  Exercise in the sun, a great idea.  3.  It is depressing to view; or was.  4.  I enjoy physical labor. 

I fixed myself a large breakfast of beef breakfast patty (from Walmart, Ron loved the one I fixed him and wants more), a couple of fried eggs, V-8, and whole-fat, large-curd (the only kind I'll eat) cottage cheese.  I just love the large curds!  Sounds vile! 

Sooo, I went out and worked in the garden.  My backyard overlaps 3 other back yards.  One, about 5 feet.  They had a pitbull.  A really mean-sounding one.  It got into my yard one day.  They barricaded the fence from their side; no more visits.  I don't know what kind of animal they have now... but it sounds like the Hound of the Baskervilles.  It has a deep canine note, and some other animal sounds to it; large predator mainly. 

It creeped me out; I kept looking at the fence.  It made me nostalgic for Pepper the Pitbull. 

I cleaned up the garden beds very nicely, got rid of the huge weedy clump, and pulled out a lot of wild raspberries.  My hands look it, and that's after using the Lava soap! 

I plan to either start my own, or purchase, some greens.  I am very impressed with the Red Russian Kale.  It was given some summer shade, and literally no water aside from rainfall, and made it over a year in a really overgrown garden.  It's a beautiful plant, too.  Growing more if I can. 

I went back in and talked to Ron some more.  I like that we are best friends in addition to being married.  Well, Jesus is my BEST best friend; Ron is the best human friend.  We discussed work some more; not being fearful or feeling persecuted; just trying to focus on the best and most efficient way to run the business. 

Personally; I like what we are doing.  We are not tying up a lot of money in inventory; we are only buying the inventory needed to fill the machines.  In some cases (candy) only enough to FRONT the machines (fill up the front of the coil and make it look full).  It's a little more work, but we do work part-time.  Time, we have. 

Then I turned on my computer and ran the antivirus, went back out.  Weeding, tossing out the weeds, having a good time.  I put weighted cardboard down over the "clear" areas to prevent resprouting, and decided I will join two garden beds, and leave a path over an area I can't dig (underground phone line).  The soil all around the garden beds is fantastic, as is the garden bed soil.  I had some bags of soil amendments out there, while moving one it ripped open.  I went ahead and spread it (some kind of ground bark) over the clear beds (#5 is a mess and will take more work and possibly a hatchet!). 

I went back in, got some soda.  More talk with Ron; paid one of the property taxes online.  The other two come to about $400.  Disabled and all.  After that, some fun on the internet message boards. 

I was running depressed; I ate some cottage cheese and took my lithium.  I tried to take a nap, didn't work.  Bubba was very generous in sharing the bed.  I decided to get up, get on the exercise bike.  Did that for half an hour. 

Then this, shower, dishes (what a mess in the kitchen!), call Mom & Dad, God Time, and maybe some work on the Bibles for handouts.  I'm really working on giving all the worries to God; and just focusing on the next day.  How can I be a good daughter to God?  Wife to my husband?  That's it. 

Stressing over the rest will just give me a "nervous breakdown". 

No comments: