Sunday, December 26, 2010

Loose lips

I'm not sure what it says, that I have people posting ads for *enlargement* on my blog.  I do have comment moderation! 

I was very touched to see that I got 66 hits yesterday. 

I have made some decisions.  I applied to get Ron some help; can't say more than that.  When I can talk, I will. 

I also decided to tell Mom and Dad about Ron's drinking problem.  I know she reads on occasion; and has probably read a "drunk again" post or two.  I know they have heard Ron when he's loose. 

While it's very sad, it is not "shameful".  Ron has an illness; like I do.  I am addressing my illness; he is not.  I am going to send them an email and let them know they don't need to reply.  Dad is a bit uncomfortable with the deeper issues. 

I also intend to INVESTIGATE Al-anon.  I would certainly attend a caregiver support group; it's a group for people who love alcoholics.  I believe they have a meeting in my area.  The "trick" of course is: in my area; on a bus line, during the day.  We will see. 

The overwhelming feeling I have gotten from God recently is that I am not alone; many people would like to help.  I just need to be patient and let Him work.  If plan A comes through you will all know; and as soon as I can talk, I will. 

However, people who know Ron read the blog; and loose lips sink ships. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather
Can you believe it's snowing today in Dixie..Lexington S.C. LOL
I Love your page and have been checking it ever day when i check my e-mail online...
Hope you will let me pray together with you about your Ron's health..
Thank-you for sharing your thoughts on here about your ministry..We have a area here that has many Hispanic families...I plan to fix-up some bags like you did and pass them out at the laundry mat they use here...See you have inspired me..Love Buddy

Heather Knits said...

Buddy, you can order free Scripture booklets in Spanish from World Missionary Press (look in the sidebar under "interesting links". I STRONGLY advise you to get some "Pulparindo" candy. The red wrapped flavor is the most popular with my recipients, and boy do they light up when they see it. Should be available in the Spanish grocery stores or spanish area of the store. Regular candy + Pulparindo (or you can get the spicy "Pinata Mix" at some stores, stick a few in there too) and wow you will have some happy campers!

Heidi said...

Dear Heather I will wish you well for your plans and I think telling your folks how things really are with Ron will not leave you feeling like you are alone in this (well of course you have God) but you also have family who obviously loves you ...good luck with your plans
I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best
Happy New Year! We both need one huh? OOOXXX