Thursday, December 30, 2010

Taking care of Heather

Well, things are moving along.  It will be a few days before I hear anything firm. 

I have 2 choices.  I can worry about details that may never matter; and let all the stress consume me - or I can choose to leave it all up to God and simply take care of myself and Ron, the best I'm able. 

I've chosen the later.  I was quite pleased.  Ron and I were planning trips and he started to ask me to help him buy liquor, then corrected himself and said he'd take a cab, instead.  I'm happy he understands I won't "help".  I was delighted I didn't have to say a word at all. 

Yesterday, all the stress and bad energy and such... I made it a point to care for myself.  I read a nice inspirational romance novel.  I took a nice hot bath with some lavender oil.  I set off a 96-count Pearl firework yesterday, and today.  It made a LOVELY display, especially for $2.29. 

I thought Ron was reckless when he bought several, but now I'm glad he did.  I am choosing peace.  I am not going to get sucked into DRAMA. 

I have a ton of emails, which I will review but not at the moment.  Either I will get my glass of water, or I won't.  Either they will sabatoge what I'm doing, or they won't.  It's their choice. 

God also laid some good ideas on me for the job hunt.  One being, get a weekend job only.  Plenty of places are desperate for help on the weekends.  All the young kids want to go out and party.  Friday night means something to them; something that's irrelevant to this "old' married lady.  He also told me to write up a job description, of everything I do.  Boy, that will take a while!  I can present that in interviews to demonstrate my versatility and flexability. 

In the meantime, I'll take care of myself.  That's the only healthy thing I can do. 

1 comment:

Rachel A. said...

Heather, I used to run a resume-writing service, so if you want me to take a look at what you've put together, I'd be honoured to help.

((((Hugs))))