Friday, December 10, 2010

That was interesting

First I'll describe my block.  I live on the even side of the street.  We have the gray house (rented, and the home of the Barkappotamous renters).  Our house.  The house next door.  Another rent house (but they are quiet after an initial loud and ignorant altercation in their yard), and Philip's house. 

Across the street, we have Deb's house, and several more houses.  They gray house sits on the corner, and as you turn on the street, it's the first thing you see. 

Ron was very upset about the Barkappotamous, and a review of my September and October blogs will reveal several very drunken "visits" next door to lecture them on "proper" dog care.  Oh, sweet patience! 

How I have wanted to tell them, he has a HEAD INJURY.  But they wouldn't answer the door, with us knocking, if we set the house on fire!  WHO CAN BLAME THEM? 

They are a lot better than the other tenants.  Yes, they are pigs.  They had to have someone come out and tell them to build a doghouse.  But they're not evil and they respect property lines (unlike all the other renters, who viewed the yard and house as their playground).   I WOULD NOT want them to move, even if they do bring down the neighborhood. 

Ron has called the HOA on occasion (Homeowners association), for egregious violations (full trash can sitting out by the curb for weeks on end, because it wasn't in the regulation can).  They call the homeowner, who contacts the tenants.  When done; they always remedy.  See why I'm not eager to get rid of them.  They're teachable. 

Anyway, someone rang the doorbell just now.  I almost didn't answer it.  It was the guy next door, could he talk to "Phil"?  Huh?  "The blind man"? 

The blind man is named Ron.  Oh, the guy said.  Some guy named Phil left a note on his van; and he wanted to discuss it.  I am very transparent; most people seem to like it.  It was obvious; I am clueless.  I have no idea.  No Phil here. 

I told him, Ron only had an issue with the dog, but they fixed that.  He agreed.  I also took it as a good opportunity to let him know Ron had a stroke and a really bad head injury.  OH!  I could see the lightbulb. 

I think they already could tell about the drinking; so we are on better terms now.  I shut the door, after he asked Ron's name again. 

Ron wanted to know - I told him.  "Heather, Phil lives down the street, you know - Philip?"  OH. 

Well, I told Ron, it's been a LONG day.  If I see him again I'll tell him. 

No comments: