Friday, December 31, 2010

Insane cheddarbugers

I'm feasting on cheddarburgers right now. 

Ron and I went to Foodtown this morning.  I got 6 pounds of ground beef (at sell by date) for $1 a pound.  I got an amazing amount of groceries for very, very, cheap.  Thank you, God! 

We came home.  I found a zombie movie marathon, after I put up the groceries.  I called Dad. 

It's funny the things we take for granted; like my Dad works with DRUG ADDICTS.  He was very supportive and gave me some good advice.  Including "If you feel she betrayed your confidence, don't tell her anything!"  Good advice! 

Ron and I always call them when we do fireworks; so I made them a fireworks video. 



There it is.

The other night Ron got a really odd call. Someone he used to know came by on Christmas eve. I got a very strong "I was going to ask for money" vibe off of him.

He was looking around the house, it is obvious we do not have much money. The carpets are in the bedrooms and only a few hundred feet.

He called Ron and told him the carpets were terrible, and he "had some carpet" - how? He offered to install it for "only" $300. Ron laughed and told him no.

Why do people think we have a lot of money? Especially someone who has come into my home?   I told Ron, "That's about twice what a professional company would charge". 

Ron doesn't remember, but last year the man "borrowed" $150 which we never saw again.  Ron said he had chosen to make it a gift.  Fine, we didn't need it to pay any bills and it sure didn't come out of MY paycheck. 

I just find it sad that a 40-something year old ablebodied man has to "borrow" money from a blind man in a wheelchair. 

Wierd.  So, we went to Walmart.  I got some more sweats and some "hang-out-t-shirts" as I put them on the list.  I like a nice baggy men's tshirt, when I am hanging out at home.  They never pull up at the waist like a lot of the women's. 

Paired with the sweats, I'll be nice and comfy.  I don't want to change into my nightgown (I have some very old ones I practically live in) for my nap and then wear it all day... like I ususally do. 

I don't think it's a good idea when I am running depressed to begin with.  As you'll see from the video, Ron was mostly fine today.  That's what makes it so sad for me. 

I got the sweats, and the tshirts.  I got a little soda, and a little more food.  Our ride was over an hour late picking us up.  Agh.  Ron was pretty annoyed. 

I tend to be more placid.  Properly medicated. 

We went home, I got my nap.  I woke up after about a half hour like I normally do but went back to sleep deliberately.  Depression. 

When I got up, I got the coals started (one of those

[Ron's going by, on his way to another beer or glass of wine.  He was complaining he was almost out of vodka, and I told him "teasingly" "You'll have to be a good drunk and ration it"]

So, I got the coals started.. and it was one of those happy barbeques when I had exactly the right amount of coals.  I kept additional coals prepping as the originals burned down.  I cooked up over 7 pounds of meat. 

Ron even came out, beer in hand, and talked to me as I worked. 

Of course the neighbor's dog is going buggo barking and barking at the firecrackers.  Ron is barking and barking with frustration at the dog's barking and making me wish I could muzzle them both. 

Other than that, it's been a good day. 

No comments: