Thursday, December 2, 2010

Low Vitamin D

I forgot to mention that Ron has low vitamin D.  Doc has written him a prescription.  From what I read, it could explain some of the problems affecting him.  [sigh] 

I think I'm doing a good job of coping; I hope I am smart enough to give this to God and not worry myself to death.  I noticed today I was brooding about someone's (not Ron)'s unkindness to me and really chewing the issue to death. 

I realized I was doing it to distract myself from my concerns over Ron, and stopped.  I came home, did my research, finally convinced Ron to actually see his doctor, and went out to lunch. 

Boy, it was good.  They had very affordable plates.  Ron wanted an omlette.  I wanted to try Chilaquiles - no description, and a large pork quesadilla. 

[Happy reminiscinces of the delicious, massive, tender and meat-stuffed quesadilla)  Oh, it was delicious.  The chilaquiles were too hot for me, but Ron shoved his omlette aside and devoured it.  It seemed to be eggs, peppers, cheese and some crunchy tortilla strips.  He wants it again. 

He did a good job of avoiding the starchy things (not good for diabetics), and ate mainly meats.  We were both stuffed and very happy. 

I am thrilled they're so good, and so close to my house!  We can go on the bus with the wheelchair, easily.  It's cheap enough that we can both eat for less than $10, with a tip. 

The Barkappotamous says hi.   She is barking away next door.  I was so tired when I got home I managed to sleep through the barking. 

I got a noisemaker a few years back; it makes various white noises.  I run it while I sleep.  The barking was so constant, it was like a secondary noisemaker track. 

I ate so much I went ahead and took my nighttime lithium.  It's better to take it with the largest meal of the day, and hell, I can use the extra help! 

[snort] 

Tomorrow should be busy and fun; Ron's going to be a big help.  He's taking me to the Bible store, and taking the Bibles home, leaving me there.  I will run errands, and go see my zombie movie.  Ron will meet me, after the movie, at the Starbucks and bring me home. 

I really don't like to ride the bus later in the day. 

2 comments:

Rib Eye said...

You and Ron should do a video blog together!

Heather Knits said...

I'll try to lure him tomorrow.

A couple of options; a regular video blog, or we could talk about some interesting stuff from the past. IE the shopping cart full of aluminum cans, getting stuck on the train tracks with the oncoming train. Maybe a little of both?