Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DON'T "FIX" MY LIFE

The nice thing about the blog, if I change my mind about something I can always edit it.  This is AFTER the edit. 

I am upset (edited).  I had counted on getting some help; they don't like what I'm doing and have balked. 

I'm very upset.  They would probably say, I assumed they would help.  I did.  Obviously that is a terrible mistake. 

Not only that, I'm getting a real "Value Judgement" vibe about their comments.  I am not asking them to approve or fix my life.  I asked for one thing only. 

Instead, I am getting comments like "Won't talk to Ron about his drinking, TODAY".  What did I ask?  I SPECIFICALLY BEGGED THEM NOT TO SPEAK TO RON.  I ASKED FOR ONE THING.  Boy, did I pay.  I gave them all the juicy, gory details.    It was shameful and embarrassing.  I can only hope it doesn't go farther. 

I DON'T WANT THEM TO FIX THIS.  I wanted help with one thing only.  If they won't help then fine.  Back off! 

If I need a glass of water, please don't offer me a salt shaker.  Don't get upset when I refuse.  If you won't give me the water just tell me and I'll go away. 

Ron is a proud man and their "solution" would have been disastrous.  I told them that. 

I am so frustrated that other people are in my business, and trying to micro-manage my life, the ONE SIMPLE THING I requested is denied, and my requests for silence denied.  They got all the gory details, now they want to fix it their way?  

He is MY husband.  His drinking is MY problem; not theirs.  I don't want anyone to "fix" my life. 

It's the kind of night where I turn it all over to God.  He has something amazing planned.  I know that.  I also know that He will work things differently than I thought.  That's fine. 

I also know, not to ask them for help.    DON'T FIX MY LIFE. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Heather I am sending you strength ..energy and will to do what is best for you

whatever that is

I am sorry this time of year really escalates everyone especially those of us with crazy brains ..

..I promise you are NOT alone right now ..

Keep your focus ..figure out what "Heather" wants
pace yourself

and know you give lots of energy and strength to other people like you when you make it over these humps

love and sending you a huge bowl of (mental) lemons so you can get to work and make that lemonade out of all this shit tossed at you now!
;)