Monday, December 6, 2010

Paid to eat pizza

Today: definitely in the category of "Most Interesting".  I didn't sleep well but still woke up feeling pretty refreshed at 3 AM.  I had forgotten one alarm, but my backup worked.  I did my God Time, breakfast, some laundry.  I was feeling very positive and hopeful.  Remember this. 

Ron had been vehement when he went to bed: He was only getting up 10 minutes before the pickup.  It was time for him to be up; he wasn't.  So, I got to wake him up!  And tell him he'd overslept!  Oooh!  NOT fun.  Within a few minutes, I was back to that old hopeless, don't-let-me-get-bitter-Lord feeling of despair.  The ugly mood lasted for 3 hours. 

I had actually put up a prayer request, for Ron to be convicted of his treatment.  As far as I know, no one yelled at him and told him he treated me like crap; but everytime he asked for help I did it cheerfully, "As though serving God and not man" - Colossians 3:23 (and only with a lot of prayer and God's help)!   At one point I was talking to someone (I actually made up with "Romeo"!) he started calling me desperately.  I went running, yelling "I'm coming!"  The coin counter machine was jammed, I fixed it quickly (with God's help).  He was really relieved and gave me sincere thanks.  That seemed to flip him into a better frame of mind.   After I sold some change, he told me to keep the $20.  Pretty cool. 

After work, we went to the bank.  We paid off the credit card.  We went to the mall.  I had Ron in the wheelchair, of course.  I guess I'm pretty approachable in the Santa hat, Santa T-shirt with "Merry Christmas", and pushing Ron in the wheelchair.  Ron informed me we had 2 hours until our pickup. 

A lady at the market research place came up to me. 

She told me she needed a White woman.  What was my age.  I told her.  She got very excited and told me I could make $15 for watching TV, and paid to eat pizza, too. 

OK.  I went in.  I put Ron in the corner [really!].  A few questions.  Yes, I watch that channel.  I watch about __ amount of TV a week.  They set me up on a computer and had me watch a pilot episode of a new tv show.  It was very good.  I had to turn a dial to tell them if I liked it more or less.  It was about 90 (on 1-100) when it finished.  I liked it a LOT. 

Then I answered more questions, and finished the survey.  About 45 minutes have passed.  They hand me a check for $15.  Then they give me 2 frozen pizzas. 

Something only God and I know: I get very tired of fixing my own dinner and doing my dishes.  I wish someone else would help; not necessarily Ron.  I'd like someone else to fix my dinner. 

Now, they are!  Very funny!  So, I eat the pizza (4-cheese, looks pretty good!), in the next 4 days.  Take a survey.  Eat the other Pizza in the next 4 days.  Get a check (I don't know how much).   Cool. 

Only took an hour; and we sure had the time.    Then we had lunch and came home.  Naptime. 

Ron just got a "good" letter in the mail.  He'll be happy to see that when he wakes up. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I always wondered what those clip board folks were doing at the mall ..I was afraid they were trying to sell stuff and get a little freaked out in malls anyway ..they overwhelm me emotionally....

but watch a tv show get free pizza and $15...sounds like a fun thing!