Friday, November 5, 2010

Treat 'em like they're Jesus

Well, my day started at 2 AM; to the background ruckus of all-night-barking-dogs.  UGH.  And people wonder why I have a cat.  If my cat is agitated, no one knows.  The neighbors sleep peacefully as he murders rats;  he doesn't even have a love life. 

I was in a negative thinking rut - always a depression symptom.  I BROOD a lot.  I was in a pretty nasty mood; I put up the very flattering blog (sarcasm).  I put my computer on "Play all Theocracy" and did my God time.  It was very effective; then I ate, took my pills, and bagged up a bunch of candy. 

I also went up on my Wellbutrin and Lithium - I'm somewhat groggy as a result but I am NOT depressed, self-pitying, or brooding.  Thank you Jesus.  I really had my doubts about this morning and forecast all kinds of trouble with Romeo and the pallet jack. 

The pallet jack belongs to the Blind Vendor program, to be shared by us both.  The driver delivers the pallet to the loading dock, and then "we" jack it up and maneuver it through the building and into our stockrooms, parking it and returning the pallet jack to it's location in Romeo's stockroom.  They DO use it several times a week; I only use it once a month or even less.  It makes sense. 

  What happened?  I'll tell you and then get back to my normal sequence.  I got my order, checked it in and paid.  The other vendor's wife of course) always has her guy use the jack to put her pallet in the stockroom, then come back and "let" me use it. 

Today I was quietly reading "Way of the Master" - I found it for $1; and my born-again driver was thrilled to "catch" me reading it and get his candy.  I was reading the book when she looked over at me. 

"Heather, go ahead and put away your stuff."  [jaw drop]  OK!  I was outta there with the pallet jack. 

Her "guy" wasn't working that day, so after I parked my order I offered to bring in hers.  I got a look of bafflement and she said no thanks.  Hey, I'd do it for Jesus.  That's my motto, "Treat 'em like they're Jesus".   I have never had a problem. 

She said no, that was fine, so I left it out on the dock under their pallet.  Then I got to work, unloading mine.  Oh, get this.  The wholesale vending company sent me a 100 count box of potato chips.  Are you ready?  SELL BY NOVEMBER 2. 

YUCK!  Fortunately, I had gotten 2 kinds of pork rinds, so I put both selections in each snack machine to "hold' it until I get some more chips.  The machines are making more sales, but not so much Ron and I are hysterical trying to keep them stocked.  I love overtime. 

I really enjoy my work.  Yesterday a regular was standing in front of a vending machine, staring intently at the contents.  I started chanting "BUY IT!  BUY IT!"  We all had a good laugh, even Ron. 

So, busy.  Finally time to go to the wholesale warehouse.  I got more chips, candy, and crackers for the snack machines.  We bought some Diet Pepsi for the other location.  It was a good shopping trip...

But our ride home was delayed an hour.  The driver was replacing our original guy; so he arrived on time and let us sit in his cab.  I asked Ron to call in a compliment, and he did.  Very nice driver.  It wasn't HIS fault. 

Finally, home!  I took a nap. 

It would take far to long to go into the whole bed-frame drama, so I'll give you the short version.  Bought the frame from Ikea in 2006.  Unlike every other piece of furniture we've done, it did not assemble properly.  Most likely our fault.  I was not medicated yet.  Then the October 2007 "incident".  The bed frame does not work anymore to hold up the slats and mattress.  Ron does some kind of fix, which "mostly" works.  [snort]  Some stories on that. 

A few days ago, I moved the bed a few feet to better utilize the space in the room and get my head from out next to my neighbor's trash can, right on the other side of my wall.  Very annoying to hear the trash can in the middle of the night and wake.  My move is effective for noise reduction, but the slats and mattress keep falling down.  Fortunately not when I am sleeping, but as I get up or if I sit on the bed. 

AAGGGH.  So, later on, I'm going to remove the mattress and let Ron loose on the bed.  I hope to have another lasting fix.  Yes, we could buy a new bedframe but they aren't cheap, and *I don't care what I'm sleeping on* (that would have been a good title) as long as I CAN sleep roll over, and sit on the bed without that dreaded collapsing sound. 

I just can't have a boring life!  I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: