Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Passion for Christ

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, typing away in my, floral, cotton-knit nightgown.  The cat's stretched out on the loveseat, cleaning himself.  The sun's coming through my window and I feel so very sad and frustrated. 

I woke up this morning with a headache, partly my fault, too much sugarfree icecream.  The meds also predispose to headaches and Mom will tell you I have always gotten headaches! 

Why am I upset?  [sigh]  All the evangelism books.  One day I'll get smart; and realize I need to save my money.  That's right, save my money.  THEY AREN'T WORTH THE PAPER THEY'RE PRINTED ON!

The only decent book I've gotten on Evangelism or Christian Living is Brother Yun's "Living Water".  The only book on Christian living, that I've kept after reading. 

The other ones are so frustrating.  Some of them start off really well, let's go get 'em!  If we believe the unreached are going to hell, when they die, we need to act like we give a damn and try to reach them!  Who can argue with that?  Yes, YES!  I cry eagerly, reading further. 

One book tells me, the only way I can reach people is by walking up to strangers and offering them money; showing them their "sinfulness" and getting them to repent of their sins.  Other books talk a lot about social justice, but I don't hear anything about Bibles distributed or souls saved.  The rest are all scholarly treatises on evangelism; taking a subject I find incredibly exciting and turning it into something boring! 

Why does an evangelist have to be an eagle OR a sheep?  Why can't they be an evangelist?  Why can't I be Heather, and why are you trying to force me into another role? 

Where are the people out on the street?  Where is the PASSION?   Even in evangelism forums, if I can find them, people are bogged down, fingerpointing, bickering, and judging each other.  You know how many people have gotten positively NASTY with me because I DON'T hand out the old King James Bibles? 

I have one thing to say to them.  I'm on that corner, handing out MY Bibles,  You can have any of the other 3 corners if you'd like. 

[scoff]  I don't know about them, but I can't comprehend KJV; my brain damage and the medication ensure it.  My target group is not college level, either.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am not "in this" for human approval.  I'm in this to get God's approval, and I know I'm doing His will. 

I know with every atom of my being, I'm doing exactly what He wants.  I'm handing out Candy with Chinese Scripture booklets to my Chinese food delivery guy.  I'm handing out Spanish to Spanish, and everyone who meets me is offered a bag of candy, a scripture booklet, or a Bible. 

God draws people to him; John 6:44.  I just have to get His word into their hands. 

Someone got upset, and said the people should just buy or read their own Bibles.  Well, they AREN'T.  So, it's my job.  And if they see me out there in the rain, handing out Bibles, maybe it'll get them thinking about God and His plan for them. 

They'll open a Bible I give them, because I BOTHERED, and see God's love and His plan for their lives. 

It seems no one else is up for the job.  So go ahead and bicker, I'll be out on my corner.

I'm the one with the "Free Bibles" sign. 

No comments: