Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sad but true

Today I was waiting outside the wholesale warehouse.  Some veterans were collecting donations; they send care packages overseas.  I walked out and they greeted me. 

I told them I'd be waiting on a ride, and apologized in advance.  "Don't worry about it!"  He said "By the way, I love your t-shirt!" 

I was wearing my navy t-shirt, with "IN GOD I TRUST" boldly emblazoned above and American flag.  Always good for a national holiday.  I don't exactly hide my light under a bushel!  I grinned and waited. 

About 10 minutes later, I got a prompting from God to give them  some candy (I hand out bags of candy with Scripture booklets.  Sub Bible for Scripture booklet and that's the rest of what I do.)  I aim to be obedient.  I got to bags of candy with the booklet and handed them over. 

They thanked me very kindly and the man dove right for the booklet.  Rarely, I get some odd reactions when they see it's a "Jesus" item.  I tensed. 

"Oh, this is GREAT!" He said as he flipped through the pages.  "I had a friend when I was a kid, used to hand out tracts.  He's a minister now."  He paused, then sadly continued. 

"No one hands out tracts anymore." 

No comments: