Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Start stuffing tracts

Since I was totally sleep deprived last night - the migraine stuck around until around 10 am this morning; and I had Bubba bring me a dead rat the size of a soda can.  UGH.  Anyway, I got manic. 

Ron goes "Boy, you're up".  I told him, don't worry, pills already on board, I'll be a lithium zombie soon.  I'm still a little up, you'll see from the video.  It's a lot easier to do a handout when I'm manic! 

Heidi, at work I tend to drink a lot of Diet RC canned sodas, and Diet Dr Pepper.  When traveling, I carry a couple 500ml bottles of Diet Dr Pepper.  I used to feel bad about my water intake (virtually non-existent), until I found out my water has radioactive "alpha particles".  It's like drinking cancer juice.  [scoff]  I'm a lot better off with a can of pop! 

Recently, it's been tasting "off" so I may switch to something else.  The Coke Zeros have been particularly delicious, the last couple times I drank them.  I don't know if it's me, or the pop. 

In fact, this morning I had kind of a surreal experience.  Before Ron and I married, I had a very common last name.  A woman was on the news this morning, and they kept calling my name.  We'll call it Smith.  "Heather Smith!"  "Heather decided to..." "Heather Smith!"  It was so creepy I left.  It was really messing with my head. 

Ron, like I said, was in a vile mood.  I finally walked off and said "Let me know when you can treat me like an employee".  He was always very considerate of his employees.  A couple minutes later he started hollering my name.  He very gradually got into a better mood, but overall pretty negative and pessimistic all day.  AGH. 

Well, it just makes me lean that much harder on Jesus!  I think if I had an easy life, I would not be so zealous.  I would probably want to stay in my nice safe bubble and never take any risks. 

We came home and pretty much went straight back out again. I brought my handcart.  The driver seemed to like us, but just HAD to play "Oh, did I pass your stop?"  It's like they want me to lose my temper and yell at them.  I didn't play.  I work very hard at being a patient person.  [rolleyes] 

I know why God will never allow us to win the lottery; we'd hire our own drivers.  We'd have professional drivers who were courteous and professional.  No games, no gabbing away on the cell phone, and no "Oh, I felt really lousy this morning, but I came into work anyway" all the while I am wondering what germs I am catching.  It, frankly, gets OLD. 

God wants us riding paratransit and the bus, waiting and waiting at bus stops.  One driver, upon arriving 90 minutes late, told the trainee "Look, we're 90 minutes late and she's smiling!"  I work VERY hard at being that person but I'm human and occasionally get tired. 

So, I went to the Christian bookstore.  Lots about that in my video.  I had special ordered some Bibles and set aside money for their purchase.  Well, the manager told me the clearance Bibles were already cleared before I placed my order.  Cool.  That meant I had $47 more than when I walked in. 

I got the stuff in the video and about 20 "Invitation" New Testaments, probably for handout tomorrow.  Which reminds me, I need to get my butt in gear and start stuffing tracts. 

No comments: