Saturday, November 6, 2010

The mouse

So, the dog was barking all night last night.  I was not happy. 

When she came running over to me this morning, I told her, "You don't get any sugar (sweet talk) or bones when you bark!  Barking makes me angry!"  I know she is a dumb animal but it made me feel better to say it. 

Apparently, the cat brought home yet another mouse [twitching eyebrow].  He killed it and left it by Ron's door.  I didn't hear a thing. 

I did see it when I woke up, so I put on my shoes and bathrobe, wrapped up mousie in a paper towel (happily it was intact), the tail hanging down, and put it by the storm drain.  I did have the evil impulse to leave it on the windshield of the barking dog owners!  [snort]  I DIDN'T! 

Poor Jesus had to die for that sin, too.  [sigh]  I threw it down the drain.  As I came back to the house I heard a very loud hissing noise.  I figured the neighbors were taking a shower or something. 

Ron and I went to Foodtown, I got my stuff and had a good time.  I got lots of eggs and stuff for pumpkin pudding.  Yum.  I even got some NUTMEG.  I LOVE nutmeg. 

We came home.  I put up the perishables (not much) and went to check the mail.  STILL loud hissing.  I took the cover off the water meters.  My, what a lovely fountain of spraying water!  ACK! 

I called the water company and they will send a guy out.  Yike.  Glad I checked! 

No comments: