Friday, November 12, 2010

Dumb hands from the lithium

So, let me tell you about my day and then I'll go make a video.  I'm pretty alert right now, well for me I am. 

Got up early, helped Ron get ready for Doc.  God time and did up some candy.  JUST had enough time.  I brought a 6 pack of Diet Dr Peppers.  I also took the 2 Wellbutrin; as I told you. 

It worked, I had no depression at all.  I did get a roaring attack of the stupids around noon.  My shopping list went away.  I've told you how things just go away in my world. 

It wasn't too bad waiting at the doctor.  She had no problem with getting Ron more Neurontin, but ordered blood tests.  Good.  Liver and kidneys.  I handed out a lot of candy at the office, everyone liked it. 

She said, in her opinion, Ron's problem sounded like a weakness issue; addressable in Physical Therapy.  So, protesting Ron will be going, at least a few times.  I will encourage him with the opportunity to share his "Crazy Blind Man Speech".  I might even get him to share it tonight, if he's willing.  He said no, sorry. 

We had a pretty short wait on our next ride, which took us to Walmart.  Ron and I turned in our prescriptions, (I am OK for now, so I had them input into the system).  I looked around.  By now I was pretty dim. 

I just pushed him around the store in circles, aimlessly gaping at everything.  I had forgotten my list, but did remember I wanted some sugarfree drink mix, diet pop, and Driver Candy.  I got that. 

I stuffed them all in a giant tote I brought.  We went outside and waited (very nice today, mid to upper 70's partly cloudly, lovely humidity).  I did my text blog; and there's our ride. 

It was a nice guy who loves the candy.  He dropped us off at a Starbucks.  By the time I got Ron settled and went to the counter, they had already made my drink!  How sweet!  I got our drinks, paid, and headed off. 

I headed straight for the toy section.  I asked God to help me find good toys, and I think I did.  Toy monsters, a set of cars, a puzzle, coloring book, board game, crayons, etc for a little boy.  I have 2 shoeboxes.  I found a "Barbie", puzzles, game, etc. for a little girl.  I'll be taking the shoeboxes full of toys to a store, and they will distribute at Christmas.  One child got a handknit had I had made a while back.  I also put in some candy. 

I got myself peanuts (6 bags per package), and more plastic bags.  I have used a lot of "sandwich" recently.  I can always use more sandwich, quart, and gallon zip top bags.  I don't do well with the bags with a zipper, I can never figure it out.  Either my hands are dumb from the lithium or the brain can't figure it out. 

Let me hasten to add I love dumb hands from the lithium.  Sometimes I have trouble picking things up, turning pages, etc.  Perfectly fine. 

I did ask God, when I started medication, if He would please permit me to enjoy my crafts (knitting and crochet).  He did.  I am always able to knit or crochet. 

OH!  I just remembered the giant chocolate bars!  I got 2 at Walmart, one for each child.  I just retrieved them and put them into their boxes.  They look NICE now.  Chocolate, hard candy, chewy candy, various assorted toys, and a little Jesus.  I put "The Way to God" children's Scripture booklets from World Missionary Press. 

Whew.  An ignorant woman tried to start a confrontation with me.  I wish, now, I had given her a bag of candy.  [sigh]  If God had wanted me to do it, He would have told me so. 

I think the employees at the store were very protective of me.  I thought it was sweet. 

I went back to Starbucks.  The "Heavy Whipping Cream Steamer" I consume has a lot of calories, equivalent to a good meal.  I thought "Why wait to take my lithium?", and took it.  Oddly, I think it made me sharper. 

Generally lithium is certain to make me very thirsty.  I drink a lot, and urinate accordingly.  If I can get all that accomplished BEFORE bed time, so much the better! 

We came home, I put the items in the house.  I checked the mail and heard the dog behind us barking madly.  I went to look.  Stupid was in our yard again.  I ran her off, and secured the gate so she couldn't come back. 

I rewarded Barky (the good boy who lives behind us with a loving family) with some dog biscuits.  I inpected the fence again and couldn't find the point of entry, until I looked past he wheelbarrow.  She'd dug a hole.  I looked through the wooden fence.  She has dug other holes, all over the yard, into other adjoining yards. 

Is there anyone nearby who likes the dog, I wonder?  I fixed it, took a lot of trouble.  I took off my jeans and put on some old shorts, and some comfy plastic slip-on shoes I got at Giant $.  For a Dollar, they are fantastic shoes.  Basically I laid a short square over the top of the hole, and put a bucket with gravel on top.  I then secured it from the side, propping a huge board against the fence. 

Eventually I guess I will need cement, or concrete... I can evict the dog from our yard, and as she runs wild in the neighborhood pour some fast-set concrete in the hole.  By the time they come home, catch her, and put her in the yard, it will have set. 

When the kids came home from school today they had to catch her again.  When they first moved it, it was fun.  "Doggy!  Doggy!  Come here!"  Giggle, giggle.  "Come HERE, Doggy!"  No so much fun today.  The kids were genuinely angry and frustrated. 

So is the mother.  The father does NOTHING to secure the dog or repair damages; and yet more boards loose on the busy side of the street!  I don't see a good end for that dog. 

It DOES explain the mystery of the silence last night, and yesterday's incursion into our yard.  The hole.  Ah, well.  It is good use of the creative thinking and problem solving  skills! 

And it's not an evil dog; it's just a dumb animal.   I love Barky, my backfence dog.  He and I have figured out the knothole in the fence.  He sticks his nose through the hole, I present my hand.  He licks it.  I give him dog biscuits, praising him for being a good boy.  He stays on his side of the fence, I stay on mine.  I seldom hear him bark; that's why I knew I had a backyard "problem". 

He did bark quite a bit at first, hence his name.  He settled down pretty quick. 

Oh!  This morning I found my incense!  I like to burn incense.  I love to do it during my God Time.  It is certainly Biblical.  I don't burn it to anything, just stick it on my Acacia wood tray and let it smoke.  I think it makes God Time more fun. 

I had misplaced it; I had more in the room here, but this was my bedroom incense.  It had the lavender.  I love lavender.  I was hunting around aimlessly and thought about asking God for help.  I said "Well, when the Master of the Universe gets a free second" laugh "I could ask."   I had the idea to look behind a box.  When I had moved it, I put it in front of the incense.  I laughed pretty hard. 

God was not too busy to help.  Other things in my life just go away, never to be seen again.  [shrug]  I try to be flexible. 

I'm done with my repair.  I look around.  It's a nice day, I'm in my grubbies.  I'm showering at night now.  Why not play in the garden? 

It was completely overgrown, happily the drought did a lot of weeding for me.  I had a good time out there until it got dark.  The yard looks a lot better.  I might even make a video one day. 

I came in, Ron's having problems with an MP3 player.  I worked on it - he ended up using DOS to format it.  It works fine now.  He got on the recumbent exercise bike for 10 minutes.  He is pretty resistant to the idea of physical therapy. 

That's been my day so far.  Tomorrow it's work, and then Starbucks near the Christian bookstore.  I will take the boxes, and a large jar of Now & Laters to them.  I'll buy some New Testaments and see if my special order came in.  Then I'll walk back and come home with Ron. 

I'll think a little on video ideas.  You'll know if I make one. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I burn incense when I finish cleaning a room it just makes it feel "finished"