Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another day, another rodent

I did a video blog but I forgot to tell you about the latest rodent drama.  Last night Bubba came in through the cat door, making his special meow.  [shudder]  He went straight for Ron's room and meowed loudly. 

I ALMOST opened the door without checking.  Behold; the rodent.  It was still alive and about 7 inches long  I won't go into details.  A couple of minutes of action, rodent blood all over the tile floor and it's STILL alive.  Kitty would reach over and swat it occasionally, eliciting pitiful squeaks. 

I have a heart of butter, I felt so awful for the poor dumb thing.  Even though I'm sure it would have happily bitten me, it didn't deserve to be tortured.  Ron would probably make an analogy to the cat as God, and himself as the rodent. 

The poor thing finally got weak enough that I felt confident in removing it.  I used a piece of cardboard and a cardboard box.  I used the piece to push ratty into the box.  Some squeaking at that, and movement.  Then I went and put it down the storm drain.  Right as I opened my front door, a police officer drove by.  Hm.  That would have been interesting to explain! 

My cat the serial killer?  I disposed of the cardboard, came home, and did some research.  Rodent disinfection; 3 T bleach to a gallon of water.  I used 4 T. 

I mopped up the blood with an old rag (gone now), and sanitized the floor.  Ick, ick, ick.  Needless to say, I shut the cat door last night. 

No comments: