Monday, November 15, 2010

I've had ENOUGH of you!

So, last night, I had a lovely meal of fried ham, pumpkin pudding, and cheddar cheese all set out on the table.  My phone rang, Mom & Dad.  We haven't connected in weeks - I hear active "seniors" are far healthier in all respects, so they're in good shape.  I'd rather miss talking to them once or twice, than know all they do is sit at home. 

I left my dinner on the table, and turned my back to the table as I sat on the couch to talk with Mom. 

Mom was horrified about poor old Dum-dum the dog.  No shelters, it's getting cold.  She encouraged us to report the owners to the Humane Society; they will investigate.  If someone came out to do a welfare check on Bubba (black cat in photos), I would laugh.  He is so overfed he's obese.  He has his own furniture.  He has his own door!  He lives better than we do!   One of my taglines: The DUMB animal has the alarm clock! 

My hope: someone will come out and discuss proper dog care with the adults; and she will have a better living situation.  She's a very sweet dog, just lonely and somewhat neglected.  I am very excited about getting some concrete to pour in any holes; and some more wood to repair any future holes.  I can work this; better this than some drug dealer next door. 

Imagine my horror as I got up and saw Bubba, feasting away on my ham!  He'd eaten about 7 ounces of delicious fried ham!  I screeched at him and he looked up: WHAT?  It's funny now, but I was a little pissed. 

I had one of those fatty gristly things; I put that down on the floor for him as a treat, and he ate it later on.  {Gag}

I've been battling depression; more than I'd like but I am enjoying life with only moderate difficulties.  I'm singing along with this - it always cheers me up. 

Some, in fact, many people, especially Christians, are extremely harsh and judgemental about Gospel Metal and Gospel rap.  I feel sorry for them; and I laugh inwardly at their comments.  "Nothing that sounds LIKE THAT can praise God!"  That's OK, honey, you go enjoy your choir and I will listen to my guys. 

I KNOW there is Heavy Metal in Heaven. 

Depression munched me some, but I went to bed early.  I have added "Operation World" to my prayer time, doing research on the country of the day and praying for all needs to be met.  I basically start with praying for myself, and end up with worldwide (literally).  Suff like safe employment, adequate nutrition, safety, etc. 

I didn't sleep very well, woke up often enough, with wierd enough thoughts in my head, that I sang myself back to sleep with "Laying the Demons to Rest" (see link).   My mental illness keeps me COMPLETELY dependent on God, let me tell you, even WITH medication.  My head can be a scary place at times; and I'm stuck. 

If someone else scares me, I can get away!   I can't escape myself! 

I woke up and only did part of my God Time.  I felt God telling me to stop  I understood when I went to say hi to Ron and he wanted to talk (and cuddle!).  It took a while to talk (this is all completely G rated).  I ate some pumpkin pudding and we left for work. 

I had gotten more Invitation New Testaments; so I put several in with the existing candy.  I have probably several pounds of candy all bagged up and ready to go at this moment.  I do plan to add more New Testaments. 

We got to work, things are pretty quiet.  The other vendor was very jolly (scratching head).  Jolly, good.  I am just happy we are out of "Vindictive".  We thanked them for helping us with the soda order. 

Quite a bit of my job: Ron summons me and I go over to help.  He called me, I went over.  He handed me a plastic tray (for 20 ounce soda bottles).  It was very quiet, and we were alone.  Teasingly, I picked it up. 

"Oh, I'll take it!  That's all I do, TAKE IT!  I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!" I raised it over my head as Ron pretend cringed in his wheelchair. 

That's when she walked around the corner.  There I am, plastic tray upraised over my head, Ron "cringing" before me in the wheelchair.  Oh, CRAP!

I put the tray down.  "I'm kidding, we're just kidding around!" 

"No she isn't!" Ron "cried" despairingly!

The woman stood frozen in place.  "It's OK,"  Ron told her.  "We're married." 

"Are you SURE?"  She was very protective. 

"Absolutely" he replied.  He slapped my butt "Get out of here!"  I left. 

She was still looking over her shoulder as she left.  [snort]  It just goes to show, no matter how quiet, you just can't kid around.  I'm lucky I didn't get reported. 

Maybe she did, and they said "Oh, her?  She's bipolar!" 

The rest of the day was not as exciting.  We filled 'em up and left. 

We went to our other location.  Stocked about 4 cases of soda; it's nice and full.  They would LOVE a snack machine, we'll see if we can get one.  I think they are the right size for a small, table-top unit.  Our guy is talking to HIS guy, we might even get one. 

Our pickup was pretty late.  When he pulled up, I decided to tease him.  I am carrying about 4 pounds of bagged up Driver Candy on my arm.  He is a candy fiend. 

I got in and he apologized for being late.  "No, I'M sorry.  You were so late Ron ate ALL the candy!"  What?  He looked so distraught. 

"I'm kidding" I told him as I handed him a bag.  He began snacking away.  Because he was late, we didn't have as much time at Walmart.  I forgot the eggs and butter. 

Happily, I DID remember to get granulated Splenda (for pumpkin pudding), a 29 ounce can of pumpkin (will make about 6 cups of pudding), gum, and assorted non-melty driver candy items.  Ron bought the Splenda and some sausage patties; so I could afford the Driver Candy. 

We had a nice ride home with a lady who hasn't had us in years.  She was a sweetie.  Once I put up my stuff, I took my nap.  Pretty gloomy when I woke up but I'm doing better now.  I took my second lithium with lunch so I can eat a small dinner. 

Tomorrow's my Offday so I'm not sure what I'll do; the neighborhood where I usually spend at least part of my Offdays has really degenerated.  I don't always feel safe.  I need to pray on that. 

Of course the truly "nice" areas are completely inaccessible by public transit.  I'll go wherever God sends me. 

Bubba just came in, he's wet and cold.  I bet he's happy to be home.

No comments: