Wednesday, November 3, 2010

If you knock on my door...

I had to laugh at myself today.  First of all, I bagged up a LOT of candy this morning.  I got some Sweet Candy Company taffy, and I like it.  It adds a nice variety to the mix and I plan to have it in the milder months lineup (I don't think it could handle summer). 

As I was bagging, I looked at my small supply of Party Mix, my dozen or so Now and Later, and asked God if he could help provide some more candy when I got to Sam's Club today.  They had been out of party mix and Now and Laters. 

I was very disappointed to see they only had mints on the display, but as I came around the corner I found the party mix.  Into the cart.  I also elected to get more Dum-Dums, as they're only a penny or so each.  Many people go straight for the Dum-Dum.  Worth the penny. 

I examined the gum display and decided to wait, and headed over to.... two women turned in alarm at my happy shriek as I spotted the Now and Laters.  I did a quick "Happy Dance" right there in the aisle and quickly snatched 3 buckets for my cart.  They gaped. 

I explained "They were out of these for AGES!  I need them, I hand out candy to people..." and I got out 2 bags, one for each, and handed them over.  "Oh, thank you!"  They were smiling as I left. 

I also got the juice boxes (a best-seller!), and the Mountain Dew (always a night-shift pleaser), and paid up.  My candy came to about $30, but it will last me well over a month.  Not only that, one bucket of Now and Laters is going to my favorite Christian bookstore. 

Then, off to work.  It was a good ride.  Pretty HEAVY carrying all that candy!  I had about 21 pounds of Driver Candy, not counting the 36-can cube of 12 ounce canned soda, and the 40 juice boxes.  I got a good workout. 

We stocked for about an hour; the machines didn't need a tremendous amount of work.  Ron stocked his soda, and I chilled the juice boxes - which we'll stock tomorrow.  Time to go. 

We had a good ride home, and I put up all my candy.  We had planned to go to Burger King (by the way, it was a miserable cold raining day - I was glad I brought my wool hat).  The trips would have been horrible, so I told Ron to cancel. 

He ordered Chinese, including my favorite Beef Chow Fun - flat noodle.  Flat, fattening, noodle.  Ah, well, back on the low carb wagon tomorrow.  It was delicious, and I gave some Chinese booklets & Driver Candy to my deliveryman. 

If you knock on my door, you're getting Jesus! 

2 comments:

JC said...

I think you should take your video camera along on one of your adventures for all to enjoy.

Jesus

Heather Knits said...

Eh... I don't think people would appreciate having a camera in their faces, and I worry that it might impact the message - "See, look what I'm doing?"

I WILL pray on it; and if God wants me to do it He's always loud. Also, you have to look at personal safety issues... I don't want to get mugged again if I can avoid it, especially since my memory chip has all my Frosty photos.