Tuesday, November 16, 2010

5 pounds of meat

Well, I cooked all 5 pounds of ground beef.  I am completely tired; I'm wondering if I should just stay home today. 

The meat was portioned into 3 sections (the way the grinder worked, I guess), and I did each differently: Burrito meat for Ron, cooked with Bolner's Chili seasoning; Italian beef, with rosemary and "Italian Seasoning" then added tomato sauce before bagging and freezing.  Thaw and eat for dinner.  Lastly, I did some "Onion and Garlic" ground beef.  I used a whole package of "seasoning blend" - sauteed in the skillet until nice and limp, then added the meat and tons of garlic.  It's almost done, then I'll freeze it. 

Later on, I need to season and freeze Mr Chicken, or make plans to cook him BEFORE next Thursday. 

I worry that taking a nap indicates a surrender to depression; which is still around,but not close.  Or is it simple good sense "If you're tired, take a nap"?  If fatigue WERE NOT a feature of my depressions, I'd nap. 

I am also a little concerned I don't want to go to the bookstore (and I have a major coupon), or Starbucks.  Ah. 

Will most likely pray on this before doing anything. 

No comments: