Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bad Toilet!

My stats confirm it: you love depressing posts.  The more depressed, the better the response! 

I find it interesting, about half of my views are international.  [waving at international blog readers]

Today was a mixed day.  I slept in, yay!  I got out of bed around 9.  I found my shower experience to be a bit unpleasant.  I really need to shower at night in the "winter". 

I looked at funny cat videos on Youtube, and demonstrated it to Ron.  He was thrilled to hear me laughing; said it was worth every penny. 

I got dressed (love my 2 new pair of jeans), did my God time, and waited on our ride.  It was late, and VERY crowded.  We rode with an enormous man who was very grumpy.  He slammed a door in my face, and the driver apologized for him, saying "He just finished a dialysis treatment". 

It got me thinking, have I ever seen a happy person on dialysis?  No!  According to my internet research, people with mental illness are generally denied transplants.  [shrug]  NOT interested, thanks.  I know Heaven is a lot better than this! 

I accept living in my body with a damaged brain and mental illness, I do not accept dialysis.  It's my choice, I am well-regulated.  I AM also aware my lithium can damage my kidneys (hell, I am at risk for fatal seizures from my 2 other medications), but I cheerfully accept the risk.  I enjoy my life now. 

When I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I was THRILLED to hear I could take medication to stabilize my moods.  I begged for medication, and took it as soon as Doc put the bottle in my hand! 

Seeing that guy, just confirmed my decision.  Ron is aware of my wishes.  Moving on. 

We went into the restaurant, a small family operation.  We sat down and ordered our drinks.  Whenever we eat at a buffet, I always prepare Ron's food first and then fill my plate. 

I was happy to see plenty of people from India, eating at the restaurant.  I got Ron some curried chicken, potato masala, and our favorite Tikka Masala!  Yum!  Lovely soft Naan - a delicious flatbread.  Yes, I'm allergic to wheat but it was so tasty I ate a piece. 

Very few foods are worth the hives, the pan bread was worth it.  Ron happily gobbled his food and pan bread.  He used the bread to wipe up every speck of sauce.  I got some Saag Paneer (spinach in a cream sauce), Tikka Masala, panbread, and some Potato Masala.  We also got some lovely little fried lentil cakes.  I didn't get any mango chutney, which I love.  I forgot I love it with panbread. 

People always say Indian food is "too spicy".  I find it very flavorful but not hot.  We had a great meal. 

We went to Starbucks, we only got small drinks.  We had a problem with the pickup.  Ick.  We waited over an hour.  When the ride came we were a bit cranky but the driver was very kind.  She had us twice. 

I am working on crocheting wool cell phone holders.  I plan to felt them.  I certainly had plenty of time to work! 

We had a quick trip to Walmart; we had to get our medication.  I ran and got 2 assorted bags of seasonal chocolate - one pound each, for $2.50.  That's insanely cheap.  I "made" the driver pick a bag, or I told her I'd make her take both!  She was delighted! 

I also got my diet Dr Pepper, and a part for the toilet.  This morning I shouted BAD TOILET as the handle came off in my hand! 

Ron's already fixed it. 

No comments: