Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cherry Crack

It took me a minute to figure out why my dashboard looked "funny" just now, until I realized yesterday's post was posted into the HTML editor frame. 

Today was a good day.  The cat brought me a large dead mouse (WHERE are they coming from?), which Ron bagged up and I disposed.  Back to nature for you. 

Then we went to the warehouse and I got almost everything I needed for the vending machines.  Happily, the "Cherry Crack" pastries - a cream cheese cherry danish, were back in stock.  Good.  People love those things. 

I got all the candy I needed and some cookies - but I still need to get some crackery things.  In fact, I was teasing Ron.  "We're like peanut butter and jelly, or cheese and crackers.  If we're cheese and crackers than I guess I'm the crackers!"  We laughed. 

We had a good ride to work, unloaded and stocked everything.  The machines look good.  One of the food machines had a coin jam.  I asked Ron how the screw came off (I always forget), took off the mechanism, and fixed the jam!  Then I remounted it, asked Ron how the screws went on, and then finished up.  It works great.  Ron was very impressed.  He has done a GREAT job of making me feel valued and appreciated lately. 

It was nice to just work on our own, no dramas.  [rolleyes]  I was thinking about Romeo today.  He used to "help" us with the pallet jack (which is supposed to be shared property),  and "help" us with a bulk soda order.  I have to practically beg to use the pallet jack, and I use it on my own now (fine, I never got this "Women don't use pallet jacks" mentality they have anyway).  Ron and I are seriously considering buying our OWN jack. 

Not only that, we save them hundreds of dollars on their soda order every month.  They need 4 pallets to make the minimum for delivery; and we usually ordered at least 1/2 to an entire pallet.  I really suspect , with his attitude, he will try to "cut us out of the order".  That would be stupid. 

For one, he will have to buy all that soda himself.  Secondly, we have a friend with a truck.  Thirdly, it's a LOT cheaper at Sam's Club!  Go ahead, you'll save us a lot of money, and cost yourself hundreds.  The LAST time he sold us soda, he insisted I go into his stockroom to get it and then made a bizarre statement about "Want to kiss you, Heather" in front of witnesses.  I really don't want that again. 

I used to get their milk delivery for them and put it into the fridge. I was happy to do it, I was out on the dock anyway. But they stopped ordering milk, rather than depend on me! I always did it cheerfully.


It's even sadder to note the Sandwich guy issue.  Sandwich guy always calls my cell when he arrives, I'd tell the other guy's employee, and we'd go get our stuff.  Not now.  Now he makes his guy wait up on the dock for up to an HOUR (not filling vending machines) because it BOTHERED him that I was helping out! 

That ain't right, no matter how you look at it!  It was very nice not to have the drama. 

I got it all done, fixed the naughty coin mechanism, and got Ron's appreciation.  He is really doing an excellent job at making me feel valued. 

We went out - I had a lot of Driver Candy I'd picked up at the warehouse, and got our ride home.  She was sending texts and taking phone calls the whole time.  I don't think she'll be driving long at that rate!  Any cell phone use is strictly forbidden and an instant termination! 

I had a good nap, got to hear the Barkappotamous (that's what I call her) yelping away next door - but not in my yard.  Now a little online fun, some laundry, and organization.  I like to try to tame things before they get too wild. 

I will always be messy, but I don't want to be hoarder! 

No comments: