Saturday, October 16, 2010

I get complacent

I get complacent; I forget my illness is a battle to the death, my illness WANTS ME DEAD.  I forget, let my guard down, and get my ass kicked.  Happened today. 

Something told me last night to do the candy, so I watched my show, whatever it was, and did up several Bibles and bags of candy.  It was all ready to go. 

Last night I got distracted thinking about logistics for our new vending machine, and distracted by frenzied barking from the neighbor dogs.  Some dogs were dumped in our neighborhood last night; and as they wandered the "yard" dogs went nuts.  Slept HORRIBLY.  I barely did half my God time.  Thank God I had done the candy and Bibles. 

First trip, the driver was delighted to see us.  That was nice.  I am glad they like us.  She loved her candy.  We went to the wholesale warehouse.  Ron, ideally, wanted a case of the individually wrapped 4 ounce muffins.  We have a muffin fan club.  Happily, I found a whole, frozen, case.  They were about to stock it.  I grabbed it. 

I went looking for Mountain Dew, took me a while to find it.  They changed the displays.  Got that, now time for Driver Candy.  I DID NOT find the "Party Mix" - the 7 pound individually wrapped assortment, but I did get a big jar of Now and Laters.  I paid up and gave the cashier her candy.  The greeter got the candy.  The other employee looked a little forlorn and I gave her some candy, too (the candy comes with a Scripture booklet). 

There's the driver!  Guess who got a bag of candy?  We went to work.  Didn't have much time, so we did the basics.  The Maintainence boys in blue (they wear blue uniforms) did a LOVELY job waxing our floors.  I made sure to compliment the lady working custodial today; and plan to praise ALL of them Monday.  It is a fantastic job. 

I really enjoyed the nice, shiny, floors as I stocked water, muffins, and Crush.  Ron worked on the coffee machine. 

Time to go!  We had a good ride home, handed out more candy (to the driver, and the other passenger).  My bag's looking pretty floppy now. 

We took a nap at home, and then off to Burger King.  More candy for the driver, who told me about his "new" foster son.  I gave him a Bible for the boy.  "Dad" was thrilled. 

We ate, and then had another driver come for us.  I gave the driver, and that client, each a Bible.  The other client, an older lady, liked it so much I ended up giving her the rest of my Bibles for her grandkids (I was going home anyway).  The driver grinned. 

I took another nap, helped Ron with some yardwork, and did some cleaning and organizing.  Had I been more alert, I would have taken my lithium at 5 - about 12 hour intervals.  I did not, and got chewed up bad enough I delayed Mom & Dad's weekly phone call. 

I feel better now, so I'll be picking up the phone pretty soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet finding candy is easier now that it is Halloween time, right?
You are doing great with managing your illness. You should be proud!