Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a matter of perspective

Some of the search paramaters are very telling: my most recent favorite was "Bible verses about being a doormat" and I pop up - I have to laugh. 

Just now, Ron was pretty ugly when I asked him for help.  I know most "normal" people would have told him off and would probably have never married him at all. 

Here's my secret: I know "average" looks at my life, he treats her like crap.  He drinks.  He is verbally abusive.  She is pathetic with a pathetic life. 

He's not doing it to ME.  He is doing everything he does to a CHILD OF GOD.  He curses out God's Daughter.  He calls God's Child names.  He WILL answer. 

It's not like I'm licking my lips at the prospect, but I do remind myself all of us, including Ron, are accountable for every word that proceeds out of our souls.  That of course includes my typed ones.  [grin] 

So yeah, if you look at it from a "When you die, you rot" perspective my life is pathetic.  When you look at it from an eternal perspective, when I choose to respond kindly when Ron has just cursed me out, then turns around and asks for my help, I'm showing my respect for God and proving I am His child. 

He WILL answer for every word and thought.  I am certain.  I hopeI do well during my review.  :) 

No comments: