Thursday, October 21, 2010

Offday!

I was almost ready to log off; when I realized I hadn't talked to you! 

It's been a BUSY day.  I got up at 3:30 AM, did my God Time.  I find it very funny; I'm not consistent getting up to work out, but I sure am when it comes to spending time with Him.  Ate a snack and off to Foodtown. 

How did Outkast get into my "Christian" music genre?  Very odd! 

I got some soda, and disaster kit supplies.  They had a great deal on those microwave buckets, all ready to eat 8 ounce meals.  50 cents.  I got Ron 10. 

We had a good ride home.  I put everything up and found a couple of rawhide treats in the cabinet.  "Barky" (who seldom barks now), and "Stupid" (next door) each got a treat.  Stupid stuck her head through the newest fence hole and I blocked it.  Then I gave her the treat.  Yes, I know I am sending mixed messages.  Poor dumb animal.  They leave her out in the yard all day and night, not even a dog house.  She drinks water out of a pot they leave on the back porch.  Her people spend maybe 10 minutes a day with her; no wonder she's always trying to break out and come visit. 

Bubba-cat was very excited, because I was in the "canned food cabinet".  He doesn't realize it's now "Ron's disaster kit" cabinet; so I gave him a can of something vile purporting to be beef.  Yeah. 

God forbid I get sick; I want Ron to have access to good food that isn't dependent on refrigeration. 

Off to work!  I pulled out bad codes, put in new sandwiches, and put in the buckets we got for work.  I also did up the soda order.  Ron's boss is coming by on Monday, should be interesting.

I have been feeling a pull recently, to send Bibles to the families of the murdered cab drivers.  They were murdered and robbed.  They left widows and children. 

Today was the real clincher, I had asked God for some confirmation; and one of the Nigerian cab drivers said "I can't imagine how much they cry every night."  Got it.  Most likely will mail them tomorrow.  I want to be obedient.  I just love those Flat Rate boxes.  I can stuff a lot of Jesus in there.  :) 

We got home about 2 hours before Ron's friend was due to arrive (he arrived early).  I made sure the stew looked tasty, set the table, and got the biscuits.  I am not accustomed to making the biscuits out of the can.  I couldn't get the can to open, Ron told me to smack it against the counter.  I did; the biscuits popped right out.  I used the toaster oven, it's hot, and the men loved them.  The Walmart buttermilk biscuits. 

Ron's friend made a rather alarming remark about preparing very hot chili for me, the next time we visited him.  Yike.  Ron is adamant I will not be forced to eat it; apparently he remembers eating it.  Good.  I am not a masochist. 

It was a good visit, but a little tiring.  Ron's friend is very frail and needed help standing and walking.  Thank God we have a small, one-level home.  His ride came and I took him out to the cab. 

It was the same driver who had brought us home from Food Town that morning!  Wow!  That's a long day! 

After "Buddy" left, I told Ron the dishes were in the sink, and Ron washed them.  I took a nap with Bubba.  We had a great nap; all cuddled in bed.  He kind of spooned me and pressed his paws against my hand, which I love.  It was very nice to lie in bed, next to the cat, and think "I don't have to get up." 

I did, of course.  I had taken my lithium early so I was and am well managed mood-wise.  I think I'll start doing this when I run a bit depressed; take the lithium early - actually, I took it 12 hours, which was right on time.  Eeek.  If I had waited, it would have been ugly!  Yike!  Depression would have EATEN me, had I waited! 

Happily, God put it in my head to dodge that bullet.  I have tomorrow off.  It is MY day, except for mailing the care packages.  I just need confirmation from Yellow Cab about the mailing address.  I plan to send them to headquarters, c/o the families.

No comments: