Monday, October 11, 2010

All plump in the bed

Today, today, today.  I slept horribly.  Nightmares.  Happily, I took my shower last night so I hit the snooze button once. 

I know it's not an easy morning when I'm sitting on the edge of the bathtub, drinking a Diet Mountain Dew at 3-something in the morning.  My head bowed, I'm just asking God to help. 

I wasn't depressed, just worn out.  Ron apparently had a VERY bad night.  The neuropathy was very bad today; I could tell.  He was very short-tempered and obviously in pain. 

He just HATES it when someone walks up "How are you Ron?  Beautiful day, isn't it?"  He always says he wants to tell them how he really feels.  I just had to deal with the snapping all day long. 

I did my best to just love him.  I made sure he didn't have to stand or walk any more than necessary, to the point of asking drivers to move the vehicle.  I did it in a nice way, explaining that Ron was in a lot of pain today.  They could tell by looking at him and complied. 

Our first ride was exciting.  I am certain he was going at least 80 mph on the freeway.  But we made it there alive! 

Our second ride was a cab (seating for 5), occupied by a driver and a trainee driver.  They ALWAYS seem to put us on the training route.  They had the front seats, it was Ron and I in the back. 

Not a problem until they had another pickup.  It was a very large guy who is on dialysis.  I found him so provoking that I lost 70 pounds - he kept blabbering on about how people "needed" carbohydrates and I'd "starve my brain" by doing lowcarb.  Well, I don't take diet advice from diabetics who ruined their kidneys!  I was so aggravated I went home that day and threw out all the carb stuff. 

This guy needed 2 seats, but only one available.  The trainee driver tried to get me to sit in the middle.  No.  I am not sitting pressed up next to some obese man I barely know.  Some have bathing issues; the last time that happened I went into the stockroom and used half a bottle of rubbing alcohol on my arm and leg.  The guy was not "fresh". 

Ron is happy to sit in the middle; and I'm grateful he does.  He is only 140 pounds and pretty well suited for the middle anyway.  "Phil" came out and stuffed himself into the seat, complaining bitterly about the seatbelt. 

In America, you must wear a seatbelt.  If you aren't, you'll get a ticket; and the transit company refuses to transport anyone without a seatbelt.  He started complaing, saying he didn't see why he "Had" to wear it. 

I told him, a client on Metrolift didn't wear her seatbelt when she was "normal".  Now she is paralyzed from the neck down and can't even feed herself.  You can bet she wishes ever minute of the day that she'd buckled up. 

Oh, he said.  Well, that only mattered in the FRONT seat.  Why did he have to wear a belt in the back?  Because, in the event of an accident, you will go flying into the back of the front seat.  Most times the front seat passenger is killed by the impact as well.  Then he started going on about goverment interference; I just turned on my music. 

I should have done that as soon as I saw his hame on the computer.  The guy is obsessed with aliens.  I only heard snippets as he talked to Ron, something about alien visitations and God is really an advanced alien race.  Good luck with that.  Hard NOT to feel like the Bibles I gave him were "wasted". 

I had forgotten to eat a snack and got terribly nauseous.  Two conversations, one in the front seat, one in the back.  All are talking about food.  The guys in the back are talking Mexican food, and the ones in the front are talking about fried fish.  UGH. 

Thank God I had a bag of peanuts.  We finally got to the dialysis place.  I tell you, I am not doing dialysis or radiation.  Ugh. 

We got to Walmart and had a good amount of time.  I got some "comfort bath" type wipes for the disaster kit, vitamins, toilet paper, and paper towels.  Exciting stuff.  Ron got some new headphones and some TV dinners.  We had enough time to eat before our ride arrived. 

One driver arrived, but she was only picking up the other lady.  Our ride finally came.  It was a straight trip. 

I laid down for my nap.  I have a suspicion the family next door is homeschooling now.  I heard their son outside kicking his ball.  DUH.  Columbus day; they had the day off school.  I had a pretty good nap, and when I woke up Bubba-cat was snuggled in with me, all cozy and plump in the bed. 

After I got up, he reclaimed HIS spot.  He does this:


Adorable.  It also keeps me from returning.  He looks like this right now.  I often tell Ron, "Bubba's all plump in the bed."  What a sweetie. 

Happily, I have good dinner options.  I did slip off track today, ate some potato chips and peanut butter.  One reason I got the precooked hamburger patties at Walmart. 

No comments: