Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ron would have my head on a stick

You already know I had more doggy drama; and an interesting encounter after work.  I got up on time, feeling absolutely sapped.  I prayed a lot yesterday, during the migraine, so I didn't feel horribly guilty about missing my God Time. 

I took out the trash, got my shower, ate, and took my pills.  I am diligent about taking my medication as soon as I can. 

We went to work, things were pretty quiet.  I had a guy tried to get me to make change for a $50!  You have GOT to be kidding!  I have seen enough flyers on cashier stands to know Houston is infested with counterfeit $50's.  No way. 

"Ron would have my head on a stick!" I told him.  He couldn't argue with that.  I suggested he go to the credit union, a grueling walk of 15 feet.  Rather than take my advice, he walked off.  Now I was really glad I said no.  He must have known it was phony. 

Another guy tried to tell me the coffee had bugs in it.  I explained it was fragments of coffee beans and had Ron drink a cup.  He finally went away.  I put up a note "Fresh Ground Coffee may have fragments of coffee beans, please use Fresh Brew instead".  [shrug]  It was OBVIOUSLY coffee beans, but some people love the drama. 

Other than that, it was a good day.  I did my stocking and helped Ron.  He made a point of telling me I was a big help.  I always like to hear that. 

After work, we ran an errand and came home.  We were going to take a nap until we found the dog in our yard again.  (see below)

Soon, we're off to Starbucks.  Yay! 

No comments: