Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just In Time

"I love getting the New Testaments" the driver told me today.  "I give them out to my other clients and they love them!"  Good, I told him, I hope they do get passed on to people who need them. 

If just a small percentage stop by and say "Hi" after I get to heaven, I'll have a lot of people knocking on my door! 

We got up very, very, early.  I ate some pumpkin pudding and took my pills, then off to the wholesale warehouse.  "We've been seeing a lot of you!" Well, they're happy to see us no matter how much we spend; the wholesale by the pallet company has a 25-case minimum.  In this economy, that ties up too much ready cash into inventory.  Smarter to run a Just In Time inventory and buy more as I run out; stocking directly into the machines. 

That's what I did today with candy.  I bought enough candy to fill 2 vending machines.  Well, enough to front them. 

Imagine my delighted shock as I walked into work and viewed TWO nearly empty vending machines!  It reminded me of a locust plague or something.  Very well mannered, PAYING, locusts, of course. 

I immediately went to work, stocking everything at hand into the machines.  I need to go BACK to the warehouse and get more chips!  It was WILD!  Yay!  Thank you Lord. 

We had started selling 8 ounce, 100% juice boxes for 50 cents each.  I thought the customers would appeciate a good deal and a healthier product.  They did; we didn't have one left!  Ron was happy to learn the proper way to front them, so the customers can easily tell what they're getting. 

I also got the milk delivery, and stocked the microwavable lunch buckets into empty vending slots.  Ron loves my work ethic; if we need to go in, we'll go in.  I don't care when I work as long as the machines are stocked and the customers happy.  So, we're working Saturday and no more 2-days-off-in-a-row until the New Year.  In our defense, we had planned to work Wednesday, but Ron forgot to make the trip. 

We had plenty of time, and used every second.  It was busy, busy, busy. 

Then we got our ride.  We rode off to Dialysis and picked someone up.  It just confirms what I say, no dialysis for me.  We dropped her off and then went to the bank.  I got paid.  Yay! 

We had a pretty good trip to Taco Bell.  I had planned to maybe catch the bus from there and go shop a bit, but I was pretty exhausted.  I slept horribly and had nightmares.  Tired, so I went home with Ron.  AGAIN!  [giggle] 

I had a pretty good nap; didn't complain when Ron accidentally woke me up.  I was so thirsty I was literally dreaming of Diet Dr Peppers.  Pretty funny. 

Tomorrow, we go to Walmart.  Ron'll drop me and go home, and I'll do some fun things. 

Saturday looks to be busy, warehouse, work, stocking.  Yeah! 

No comments: