Monday, October 18, 2010

Nothing will happen outside of God's will

Thank you for your very sweet comments!  Right now I am miserably queasy, been for a while, but [shrug] no real option.  Ron asked me if I'd be willing to switch to another medication and I almost melted my brain.  NO WAY.  I have good control; and the people I see on "the other stuff" don't do well.  I just suck it up. 

I DID tell Ron, when I see Doc, I will ask if I can take my anti-nausea stuff on bad days.  I'd be willing to do that, if it won't make me freak out.  Currently I reserve it for migraines only. 

Anyway, a bright and early wakeup at 5 AM.  God Time, bagging up candy.  A rather exciting ride to work, I told Ron calmly "Nothing will happen to out outside of God's will.  If something happens, it's our time."  I also thought, the way the guy was driving, I was assured a quick transition! 

We got to work and got our soda for the new machine (we will call it soda 5), mailed the sales tax, and the overdue water bill.  Ooops.  We had the cash, just forgot.  Happily we still have water, and the postal workers got 2 mail items in the stream. 

Work was fine, except for a naughty food machine.  It died right after I stocked it.  I prayed over it, tried a reboot.  Nope.  Tried a longer power-off period reboot.  Prayed again.  Heather, check connections.  Huh.  Not a bad idea, Lord.  I pushed all the little plugs into the spots on the circuit board.  Some of them did seem a little loose.  THEN it worked.  Yeee-haw.  I did a happy dance right there in my "God Bless America" t-shirt, complete with Bible verse... and got the error messages cleared out.  I really enjoy my job. 

I didn't do snacks, they weren't urgent.  We plan to go to the wholesale warehouse tomorrow, get a handcart for Soda 5, and go to work.  Get a few soda items for #5, and then go home.  After that, go to the bookstore and install it!  We will need to do changebanks (Ron's job), install a new lock (my job), and stock the beast (both of us).  It is a Dixie-Narco soda machine.  I like them, they have a good reputation.  We understand each other. 

[horrible belch] 

We took some soda home on a handcart, for #5.   Logistics on getting the soda to #5 might be a little tricky, but I'm not overly worried. 

After we got home, we went to Walmart.  Ron's friend is coming over Thursday.  I got the biscuit stuff (the refrigerated can that you open, and the biscuits pop out?), and the frozen stew veggies.  The nice thing about frozen carrots and potatoes; I don't have an expiration date.  I can use a little this week, a little more a few weeks from now.  Stew stuff, biscuits, good to go. 

I got some diet decaf soda for myself, and a bunch of dairy.  Milk, cottage cheese, and some yogurt.  I got myself a new pair of headphones, fixin's for pumpkin pudding, some glass storage containers for cooking and storage of said pumpkin pudding, plasticware leftover containers, and a couple of cans of that vile-smelling cat food.  I hate dishes.  I also got some plastic forks.  I would far rather throw away my dishes than wash them. 

I had two rides recently that I loved: the driver already had a Bible I'd given them, obviously well-read, prominently featured in the cab.  Awesome. 

Anonymous is exactly right - it is SO easy to get good candy; the only problem; it's too hot for chocolate.  I seem to be OK with caramels, and chocolate if I am NOT having a Day Out.  I do plan to buy some of the little bags of Skittles - people love them.  Handing out the candy is a lot of fun, because people will say "OOOH!  Favorite Candy Name!"   In the winter, it'a always "Oooh!  Chocolate!" 

Speaking of Days Out, I won't be doing one tomorrow; work first.  I will have Wednesday off.  Not sure what I'll be doing. 

I'll get some photos of me, Ron, and our new machine tomorrow.  It should be fun. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I extremely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites web stage list and will be checking back soon. Divert repress into public notice my position as highly and vindicate me know what you think. Thanks.