Saturday, October 9, 2010

Burning Coals

21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;


if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.



22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,

and the LORD will reward you. (Proverbs Chapter 25, NIV)



I think the best thing about Bible memorization is the fact that I always have the Bible at hand for any situation.  Today's a good example. 

We had planned to go to work today.  I had a suspicion it was going to be an "interesting day".  I'd set my alarm for 5 AM, but was awakened at 3 AM by a tremendous itch in my left ear canal.  [making a face]  Yeah, wierd. 

I took my shower and that seemed to help, did my God Time, and made up some bags of candy.  Our driver picked us up on time and we headed off to the wholesale warehouse. 

I needed cookies, crackers, and some candy.  I got what I needed and we didn't wait long on our ride.  We headed off to work. 

Happily, all my merchandise fit in my oversized tote bag; I carried it into the building.  Normally I leave Ron with the stuff and go fetch a cart. 

Ron needed Lipton canned tea, but we were out.  Drat.  He had ordered 10 cases from the other vendor, and wondered aloud if he would permit me to access the stockroom. 

"If you're going to do that, Ron, why not just ask if I can get the whole order?"  I would FAR rather get it by myself than deal with more strange comments about kissing.  I worried we might end up alone together and more advances, etc.  Yike. 

Happily, he consented.  I used my key and viewed the pallets.  I needed Lipton, it was under cases of canned Mountain Dew and Diet Coke - their inventory.  I'd have to move their inventory to access mine. 

At first, I just pulled it off and stacked it on the floor, but then God spoke.  I just KNEW he wanted me to go stack it up as if it were my stockroom and I worked for them.  Yes, they have 3 times the employees.  Yes, they have been somewhat unkind recently - well, he has. 

"Put it away, Heather!"  So, I looked around.  OK, there's a case and a half of Mountain Dew.  I took the "old" off the stack, put the new stuff down, and put the "old' on top.  See, that didn't hurt.  Now let's do the Diet Coke. 

Unfortunately, they had poorly stacked a case of bottled sodas.  I bumped it and the whole works came crashing down.  Now I had 2 cases of canned soda, and 4 cases of bottled, all over the floor.  Happily, none of them leaked.  It is absolutely awful to chase a fountaining, agitated, rupturing soda beverage around the floor, getting sprayed as if it were some kind of  demon-possessed corn-syrup fire hose.  Yuck. 

I sighed, and got to work.  I picked it all up, and stacked it CORRECTLY (hint- the cases should line up vertically, and never stack on top of a partial case.  Partials go ON TOP.)  SIGH.  Hard to find good help these days. 

I had a hideous Wellbutrin hot flash the whole time I was working, and I was dripping more sweat than when I ran the half-marathon!  About this time a food machine went down and Ron began screaming for my assistance.  [laughing quietly as I put my head in my hands]  Yeah. 

Alright!  I had our 10 cases of canned ice tea.  I dragged the cart into the proper stockroom and stacked it properly.  Now I needed to get 16 cases of Coke.  I did that, and put it away in our stockroom (rotating of course - I have had hideous flat canned colas - I would never want a customer to pay for that).  

I decided to leave a note, saying "I took X, Y, Z."  As I picked up a pen I saw an invoice she had written up.  I went and got the checkbook, wrote the check, stuck it in an envelope with her name, and locked up again. 

Will they even notice I put away a part of their pallet and rotated the stock?  Will they care?  I don't know, and it really doesn't matter.  I did what God wanted me to do and THAT matters. 

Then I took out the rolling dumpster. 
 
That would be a pretty good ending.  [sigh]  Ron prefers it if I roll him out to the bus stop.  He really can't walk much outside the house.  I did that and locked up, then came back out. 
 
Our ride was right on time, and straight.  Excellent. 
 
When we got home I found Bubba stretched in my bed.  Completely stretched out and looking so, so, cozy in the middle of my bed. 
 
I was tired, I didn't sleep well, like I said.  I looked at the cat again and pulled out the pull-out for myself.  He lets me sleep in the bed at night. 
 
I laid down and tried to nap.  Right as I drifted off I heard Ron shouting at the neighbors (the ones with the dog).  He didn't like the exhaust from the leaf-blower.  He kept yelling "It stinks!  Fix it!"  I was pretty embarrased, but I remind myself  "Hey, if Ron's acting like a belligerent drunk, shame on him.  He looks bad.  I probably look even 'better' for it.  'Poor thing'". 
 
Needless to see, I didn't sleep.  I endeavored to explain that all internal combustion engines smell bad.  [sigh]  He yelled at me and told me to leave him alone.  [clicking tongue]  Alright, then!   I retreated and Ron's asleep now, I think.  He's quiet in his room. 
 
Sad, when he drinks I just tense up.  I still had a good day!  I handed out 2 of my new, New Testaments!  They were really popular! 
 
If anyone ever wanted to get me a wonderful gift, it would be a case of Bibles.  [grin]

2 comments:

Jesus said...

Heather,

Please post a video.

-JC

Heather Knits said...

Sure, although only YOU could stand to watch my little dance at the end. Enjoy! It's uploading now. Assuming Youtube doesn't eat it - up in an hour or so.