Friday, October 1, 2010

Psalm 72

I was reading this last night as part of my Bible study and God let me know I should share this. 

January 7, 2003.  I was awakened and told Ron had been in a terrible accident and life-flighted to the trauma center.  I knew that was "very bad". 

I grabbed my Bible, and some other things I forget.  I went to the trauma center.  Ron's family wasn't terribly supportive, but a blind vendor's wife came and sat with me all day.  She was very kind. 

As I sat there wondering if Ron was dead, and what might happen if he lived (I was terrified had a spinal cord injury), the Bad Thoughts were enough to eat me alive.  I decided to resort to the old tried and true, "Flip and Point" method. 

I asked God, if He didn't mind, to please give me a clue as to Ron's outcome.  Was he going to die?  I knew he might be better off dead, depending on the injuries.  Whatever happened I knew God would take care of me; I only wanted God's will, but could I PLEASE GET A CLUE IF HE'D DIE? 

I flipped open my Bible and pointed to Psalm 72 (NIV):

12 For he will deliver the needy who cry out,

the afflicted who have no one to help.



13 He will take pity on the weak and the needy


and save the needy from death.



14 He will rescue them from oppression and violence,


for precious is their blood in his sight.



15 Long may he live!

May gold from Sheba be given him.

May people ever pray for him

and bless him all day long.

Thank you, Lord.  I cried as I typed this.  And he did! 

Of course everyone thought I was "nuts", especially considering the magnitude of his injures, but I thank God He gave me an answer. 

No comments: