Monday, October 4, 2010

I'll scare the customers

I was so warm and cozy in my bed when Ron shrieked "Are you still ASLEEP?  Metrolift is coming in 24 minutes!"  I lunged out of bed and bolted for the bathroom.  As I brushed my teeth Ron became mildly hysterical, and he began shrieking as I got into the shower. 

"Ron!  If I go in like this I'll scare the customers!  I'll be ready!"  I was, and even though our driver was 10 minutes early I was dressed, ready to go, and had even had time to bag up several bags of candy.  Safe to say, I DID NOT get my God Time.  I am glad I do not have a works-based faith; the kind that says "I have to be good enough to please God."  No, God loves me even if I never pray or read my Bible. 

But it would be incredibly foolish!  However, I figured God allowed it for a reason.  I certainly had no time to worry about Romeo! 

The driver had a "new" computer.  It has a very nice GPS; which will make it a lot easier.  I have had many a "hell trip" on Metrolift, where, for whatever reason, the driver just rode around in circles.  The GPS will put an end to that. 

When we got to work, someone had torn the note off the door.  Interesting.  I made a new one: "God is watching, so are POSTAL INSPECTORS!"  I also informed the other vendor's wife.  HE was busy doing his "ignoring you" thing, which I prefer to the stalking!  [shudder] 

Ron's right, when he started the stalking behavior after his pass, he really cut himself off from a friend.  I am probably the only person in his life who didn't want anything.  Now I really want nothing!  Nothing to do with him!  He scares me! 

We had a busy and active day.  We stocked all the machines and sales are up; I can tell.  I assisted Ron, got my delivery, and had a good day. 

After work, we went to Walmart.  I have been eyeing their baseline cellphone for a while.  It had been $20 with contract renewal, but now it was $1.  It has a camera and mp3 player. 

Ron decided to get it.  I said thank you.  It didn't take me long to figure it out; Ron has the "Vintage telephone" ringtone, and I set the city for the weather application and all.  It should be a lot of fun and a valued family member.  I don't think it's a "Smartphone" and it's a nice basic model - not anything I think I'd get mugged over. 

We got the part he needed for the toilet repair, and some canned vegetables on sale.  I was glad we had so much time at Walmart, it took a while to set up the phone! 

We had just enough time to get some food and head out.  The driver was sure happy to see the hamburger and fried chicken sandwich!  Some poor souls don't eat red meat, so I always get one of each.  When a driver is working a 14 hour day, probably a good idea to feed them just for selfish reasons! 

We came home, I configured my phone (I seem to be getting my butt kicked by medication most days), and took my nap.  I'm not sure what I'll do tonight, other than the obvious God Time and going to bed pretty early.  I have tomorrow off, not sure what I'll be doing. 

No comments: