Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lumpy's return - Graphic

Ron and I name things, so no surprise that we named a cyst on Ron's jaw back in 2008 (I believe you should look at late July-September for the whole story).  The ending?  The lump finally broke open and released green pus; after Ron had been poisoned and permanently damaged by an antibiotic interaction.  It healed. 

Today Ron told me it is back!  [scream, head banging into wall]  We spent over a thousand dollars on co-pays trying to figure out the stupid thing.  So many blood tests.... doctor visits.  Waiting around on Metrolift in a crowded waiting room with some guy's horrible wet cough spraying all over me. 

[shudder]  Other than the family reunion and a trip to Galveston, not a good year!  God did spare us from the "wrath" of Hurricane Ike. 

[frustrated groan]  I know the Devil attacks me, and this is a great way to do it.  I can accept "insults" to my own health with some grace, but attacking Ron?  Agh. 

Later on I plan to examine it.  If it's just a pus thing, home remedies.  I was actually told by an ENT that my home remedies were the best treatment (heavy emphasis on hot washcloth + face). 

It's always SOMETHING. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Heidi said...

YES WARM COMPRESSES! DO NOT SQUEEZE (when you squeeze the ick goes in as well as comes out) JUST KEEP APPLYING!!! I do remember this whole story it was awful!

I am highly allergic to bactrim can not even touch a pill

I hope lumpy moves on with home care but you know to go have him seen if it gets worse

sorry!

Anonymous said...

Try some bentonite clay on it!

Heather Knits said...

I will try the clay and try not to squeeze!

Ron hasn't let me look at it yet, he has a very full beard. He needs a trim, when I trim I'll get a look at it. Now that I have a camera phone I can get a photo. The last Lumpy was about the size of a twist-off soda bottle cap.