Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Party Mix

I did not get enough sleep.  I was so tired this morning I drank one of my Diet Mountain Dews. 

It promised to be an interesting day.  We were getting our soda machine delivered to the Christian bookstore. 

First, we went to the warehouse.  I got a handcart rated up to 150 pounds; I like it.  It has excellent stability and a smoother ride than the old handcart. 

I had an interesting experience yesterday, I gave a lady a bag of candy.  We chatted for a bit; and she gave me $5.  I have asked God to have people say a certain phrase if He wants me to keep it, and she said it.  "Use it to buy more candy" she instructed.  By the way, that is not the secret phrase.  :) 

Today, I bought a huge sack of "Party Mix" assorted hard wrapped candy with the $5 (well, I got most of the sack with the bill, I had to throw in a couple of singles).  I also got a backup bag.  I HATE running out of Party Mix.  14 pounds of party mix and a handcart. 

I was getting queasy, again.  I got some Slimfast low carb shakes and a small case of low-carb snack bars.  I ate a bar, it actually helped.  Later on at work, I got hungry, drank a shake, and did not get queasy.  I think I may need to eat more frequently. 

I stuffed everything in my Tote bag.  Imagine my horror when I couldn't find more of them.  I am a bit disturbed.  I hope they continue to sell them.  I LOVE these bags.  I will pass another warehouse tomorrow, and will stop in and check. 

Off to work.  Ron was in a very sour mood, some yelling and invective in my direction.  I reminded myself of "My" Bible verse for those situations: "Being Cursed, We Bless".  I went off and did what needed doing.  Later on, Ron "allowed" me to fix the problem.  I stocked most of the snack machines (we will be back Thursday), sodas, got the hand cart loaded with the soda to go to the store, and fixed a naughty food machine.  Eventually, it will need a part for the lockbar assembly. 

I got the change banks and a vending lock for the "new" machine; and off home.  We had enough time at home to load the handcart with a lot of soda, put the supplies in the tote bag, and here's our next ride. 

I SO wished I had someone taking video as I pushed the handcart in front of me, dragging the tote bag in a shopping cart behind me, with Ron hanging onto the shopping cart handle.  I was a SIGHT. 

I saw the manager "Where is it?"  He directed me to the break room (good!), and Ron and I got to work.  It was plugged in, it was running.  The flavor strips were ALL wrong. 

Ron loaded the change banks while I popped in the lock.  I got him a chair and he sat down. 

We had a persistent error message from the coin mechanism.  An employee came in and squealed with joy over the "new" machine.  I started to ask her to pray and looked - it was fine.  Maybe I just needed to stock it! 

I finished stocking and re-labeled the flavor strips.  We wanted the "big sellers" in the wide rows, so they can hold 3-4 cases each instead of the usual 1.5.  We closed it up, test-vended (a bill and some change), and got the meter reading so we can do accountability.  I put up a note instructing them not to use it for a few hours so the pop could chill. 

Later on, I bought another can and it was nicely chilly.  Good machine! 

The employees love it, and I told them "You're helping the handicapped with every soda!"  They liked that.  I think this will be a good venture for all of us. 

THEN we got to wait an hour on our ride.  I bought a few clearance books (ha!  I wonder who will make more money!), and we headed home. 

It was a straight trip.  Wheee! 

I checked the mail, took out the trash, ate, took my pills, and then proceeded to take a couple-hour nap.  I did not get my 8 hours last night.  Bubba got into bed with me (both times).  He is so sweet. 

Then I got up and posted!  I hope you're having a good one. 

No comments: