Saturday, March 27, 2010

Things are better

I had a nasty headache this afternoon, laid down, took my phenergan, woke up feeling good. Ron and I are actually communicating!

We talked about fixing up the bathroom. We are starting to get very loose tiles in the shower. We're considering getting a bath fitter, but they'll have to rip out the bad studs and drywall first. UGH.

I vividly recall my parents' remodel when I was about 13. I plan to get a one-month gym membership when we do this; as I expect to be showerless for at least a few days. Eeeeew.

We plan to get a quote, and take it from there. If it will be significant, I'll get another job and help save up. The nice thing about a bath fitter, once it's in, it's in. It is good for a very long time! No tile replacements!

That led pretty nicely into me possibly getting another job. I am seeking God's will. For now, I think He wants me doing the evangelism as my first job, helping Ron second, work third. Is an additional part-time job a possibility? I don't know.

That's why I'm leaving it up to Him. It would be fun, I think, if I found the right fit. I think I'm able to work on a part-time basis, in addition to what I'm doing.

With the headache today, I didn't have a Day Out but I'm a little leery of them on weekends since the mugging! Should I try to overcome that? I don't know. But I do prefer a "quieter" Day Off, anyway.

I haven't had one of those in a bit! Errands, errands! Ron had 2 doctor appointments just last week; he has EMG ("They stick me with the needles" - Ron) nerve testing this week; next week we have an appointment for Ron with the surgeon, and then I see Doc on the other day .... Oh.

I just figured out that's our milk delivery day. AGH. Ron will try to reschedule me - and I'm OK, I can wait a week or so, failing that, the other vendor can get our milk. I've gotten both deliveries for about 6 years now. One day won't hurt.

You get the idea; lots of things going on. I am not putting a job hunt into the mix until I get at least one Day Out!

Tomorrow, I have one thing on the agenda: groceries. That's it. Monday will be pretty busy, so I plan to relax tomorrow.

No comments: