Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The annoying guy at work

Yup, I have one too. That annoying guy at work you just can't stand. To the casual observer, he is very friendly.

Upon observation, though, you realize all the guy does, all day, every day, is stand around and gossip. It's rare to see him actually working, and for a guy who makes what he does - I'd be working my butt off! He's involved with a group I don't like, and shares the viewpoint of this group at any opportunity.

Now, [shrug] I'm sure I can be pretty annoying too. God knows I get on my own nerves when I'm manic!

Today, when I walked in, he was staring intently at a vending machine, a tool in hand. I walked up "What's wrong?" He wasn't putting any money into the machine so I knew it was "down".

I realize, someone has broken the snack door. You know how you put your hand through a door, to get your snack, from the snack vending machine? Well, someone broke that door so it was stuck in the "locked" upward position.

I took one look and said "While trying to steal some chocolate donuts, someone broke the door" The chocolate donuts were on the lowest shelf, nearest the door.

The guy gives a guilty laugh 'You can tell, that, huh?" Yes.

"Why is it stuck like that?" So no one can steal from the machine. If someone tries to steal from it, it locks in the upward position.

"I think it's broken" he says "Someone tried to get the door down and it didn't work." First of all, only Ron and I are allowed to work on the machines. If that name gets out they could lose their job. Secondly, the machine is designed to defend itself. It will not just give up snacks.

He stands there, in front of the machine, staring. "Excuse me" I told him. "I need you to move so I can open the door." After I did so he's breathing down my neck, getting ready to watch the show so he can tell everyone how broken the machine was and what I did to fix it. I told you he's a gossip. I shut the machine up again and said "Ron will get this later on."

UGH. Whoever tampered with the machine broke the door. The machine cannot vend anything right now. All for a donut, and they make over $50K a year.

Way to go, thief! Not only did you not get anything, you kept all your coworkers from using the vending machine until the guy comes out to fix it. And, you robbed a blind man in a wheelchair.

Way to go. I'd bet money it was the guy I saw this morning, or a good buddy of his.

No comments: