Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ask God to use you, and He will

I got some great news. I have been wanting a "Where to look in the New Testament" tract to put into my budget New Testaments. I can get them - if I write it!

I am thrilled and delighted beyond measure. I think these can help people really dig into and understand their Bibles, and encourage them as they walk with God. I am honored God wants to use my writing and research abilities for His Glory! How wonderful!

I've been working on the project, "Where to Look in the New Testament" whenever I get a chance. I'm carrying around a concordance and a notebook, too.

I plan to put it completely in God's hands and trust He will use me for His Glory and education of His children. People generally love the Bibles - the worst come-back I get is "You already gave me one!" Now we can help open the Bibles up, a little more, for the "hungry".

So, thrilled about that, working on it. I consider the Evangelism one of my jobs. The first job, really. Second, taking care of Ron, third, helping Ron at work.

I did lose my temper at work today and told - demanded, rather, more time at work one day a week so I can take care of housekeeping issues. He was very agreeable.

The snack machine sales were dismal. I'm glad I'm with Jesus, and I know He will take care of our needs. I got a lot done at work, then we left and went home.

I stole 4 bags of ground up grass clippings and shredded leaves, putting them in the compost bin. The yard guys had left it out for "trash". Ha! Not to me!

Then it was off to eat a delicious omlette. Then... dum-dum-dum... the DENTIST! I had to get a gum scraping. It wasn't painful at the time. At the time. It reminds me of when I was a teen and got a braces tune-up. Oh, I hurt down to my jawbone! This isn't that bad, but it's a good 4 on a 1-10. I need to take something before I went to bed.

Last night, I made up some nice mushy ground sausage/scrambled egg/salsa/cheese bowls. I enjoy them, they're totally acceptable on my eating plan, and they're soft. I guess I remembered a few braces tricks, after all.

Anyway, I had go get it done, because it has been 11 years since my last scraping, I have a very dry mouth due to medications, and I'm a "mouth breather" due to allergies. I don't wake up with just a dry mouth, it is a dry mouth and THROAT!

I have had some bad experiences and generally massive panic problems. Once, I couldn't stop vomiting the day I was due to have a cavity filled, until Ron cancelled the appointment. The wonderful thing - the lithium really does take away so much anxiety.. but it was there.

I practiced deep breathing and tried to pray as the scraping began. I bled a lot. But I didn't "freak out", just got a little tense now and then. Nothing like 2 pairs of hands in your mouth, that horrible light, the scraping, the water blasting, and that suction hose in my mouth all at once! I start to feel like I can't breathe! But I just deliberately took myself in hand, said slow down, and took some deep breaths. I made it.

Now, I am pretty tender, but I'm thanking God we have dental care. We use a dental discount program. Ron's last cleaning only cost $24. Doc is excellent, too. Not a scam artist or a hack! We actually go back in a week or two to get a filling for Ron.

After the dentist, we went to Walmart. Thank you Jesus, they finally had my antidepressant and lithium! That's not something you ever want to run out! Ever. Ugh. Headlines are made, by people like me who go off their pills!

All in all, a good day. Tomorrow I get paid early. Then I have to find my return address envelopes or do a pay by phone, on an old hospital bill. Ugh. I already did my budget and things are looking pretty good. Yay!

Any week when I can buy cat food and feed us is a good week. We've never run out of either!

No comments: