Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not a bad morning

Ron and I went to the doctor this morning, for EMG nerve testing in his arm and hand. Metrolift got us there an hour and a half early. It was a very nice waiting room, but I did tire of it. Fortunately I brought my MP3 player. I downloaded a very readable Bible translation, and listened to that and my music while waiting.

I figure, you can't go wrong, filling up your head with as much Bible as possible. I read plenty of other things, too, but while waiting why not "read" the Bible?

Ron had the testing. The good news: he does not have any nerve damage in his good arm. He was terrified he might have some horrible, progressive, crippiling issue. He doesn't. What he does have, is pain.

I admire my husband; I especially admire his disdain for painkillers and addictive narcotics. I'm terrified of anything that could be addictive; I'm literally hardwired for addiction. 80% of FAS has a "problem", 50% of bipolar. What awful odds!

So, he just takes his Neurontin. It works for him.

Oh, interesting, the seagull is back. I live far inland, at least an hour's drive from the beach. So why are two laughing seagulls in my subdivision?

Do you know what it does to a person with hallucinations, when they hear and see a seagull in the yard? I thought I needed a medication change! I have to tell this to Doc, he will love it. I was gaping at the seagull in my yard, believing that surely it wasn't real. It drank some water out of the birdbath, then did the characteristic laughing cry. I shook my head in despair. Man, I was in trouble. It seemed so real. The cat, lying on the bed, alerted and began mewling at the bird.

Thanks, Kitty, I thought I was hallucinating, but if YOU see it, then it must be real! [laugh] It was a rather disconcerting experience. It's pretty funny to see the seagull, a bluejay, and a mockingbird all eating bugs out of the lawn at the same time.

That's my life! So, we came home, and I fixed Ron a TV dinner. He ate it and said thank you (he is obviously working on "appreciating"), I decided to make some pumpkin pudding.

It's cooling right now. I can hardly wait! Yum!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

heomg Heather I have also had times that I stared and stared at something thinking I was seeing things and then my dogs would alert and it made me feel sooo much better ..great story!

I would love to see you post some of your recipes here like you did on the board

also how does your garden grow? mine is sprouting like crazy spring garden planted and coming up now! peas spinach collards, kale