Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Tell me when to fight!"

I have a pretty serious prayer time, morning and night. I have various categories, myself, Ron, our families, those who hurt us, people who read my blog, etc. I make it a point to pray for those who have hurt us, as ordered by Jesus.

One of my requests for myself, "Remind me to resist the Devil and flee from temptation". I recently added a modifier, "Tell me WHEN TO FIGHT."

Yesterday, we just got some food and went to the Blood Center. Ron donated platelets. Next week, he has 2 doctor appointments so he won't donate. The technician also asked Ron to donate every other week - because if he donates too fast the count will drop.

All we did, get something to eat, go to the Blood Center. I went to a nearby store and got Ron some Pringles. Then we went home. I laid down for a little bit. When I got up, depression was really smacking me around.

Ron had said, he wanted to ride the wheelchair and bus, and check out the new Chinese place. He also said, we need to mow out front. Both tasks sounded utterly impossible to me "in my state", and I was just miserable.

I clearly heard it in my spirit "Heather, it's time to fight! Take Ron out for dinner!" I unfolded the wheelchair and asked Ron if he wanted to go out. He was thrilled. I pushed him to the bus stop, we rode to the restaurant, I brought some of my Chinese Scripture booklets, and we had a good time. I left the Scripture booklets on the table when we left. They definitely spoke Chinese!

We did a little shopping and came home. It was still light out and we had the worst yard on the block, so I mowed the lawn and dumped the clippings in my compost pile. The depression was bad enough that I added a couple things I love to my night routine, and took half a Wellbutrin.

I'm not sure if it was the Chinese food, or the Wellbutrin, but I woke up with a nasty migraine. No vomiting but just intense pain.

Today? I barely prayed for myself and half of Ron, before I had to go back to bed. Then Ron came and talked to me as I laid in bed. We had a good long talk, and he kept refilling my ice bag.

I'm not sure what God's purpose was in today, but I'm fighting! In a little bit, I'll go finish my prayer time and devotionals. If I can think about it, I'll do some candy for tomorrow. We go to the grocery store and home, then work and home.

I also need to call Mom and Dad, but I hate to do that when I'm "sickly".

No comments: