Friday, March 19, 2010

So, it's Friday

I'm pretty much over the sinus thing and I feel good physically. I'm still battling depression and some anxiety about our sales. I can classify the anxiety as an "attack" because it's pretty intense, in relation to the actual work issues.

Yes, sales are down. Yes, Ron's "consultant" is a little annoyed Ron hasn't cut my "salary". Are these worth the roiling anxiety that wants to consume me at times? No. Absolutely not.

I remind myself of all God has carried me through; I remind myself that I have always trusted God to provide for our needs, and I know He will. I tell the anxiety to get out of my head - commanding it, really - in Jesus' name. I know it sounds "wierd" but it works.

Yesterday was pretty rough - both alarms failed somehow, and I woke up 1.5 hours after my original alarm. My hair was filthy - when it's short, it must be washed daily. I had no time to wash it, stuffing it under a bandana for the day. It worked. It was semi-cute and nonoffensive. Ron and I scrambled and got to work in time.

We had nice drivers yesterday - a very pleasant change. Ron backed me up on yesterday's choice. Some things should be kept separate - not letting a driver into our home. It is good to feel his support.

God sent our repairman early - and he fixed the down vending machine. It was so encouraging to open the door and hear him say "Oh, I can fix this!". Now, if people would drop a few more quarters...

I trust God. I know He will provide. I know we do need to take care of a few little issues, but we'll get that and everything will be fine.

After work, we got dropped at a food place. The prices are excellent and the service is great. I enjoy eating there. We met Chuck; and he took us to run an errand or two. I got some more driver candy at Favorite Dollar.

Then we came home. I was pretty exhausted. The weather has been very pleasant this week; and all the neighbors or their yard guys are out mowing. The loud power tools woke me up.

Ron and I talked for a while, and then I watched "28 Days Later" on Sci-fi. It's a really good movie. The sequel is awful, but the first movie is great.

I finally got a chance to do my Bible study; got caught up on that. I checked the mail, and got some charity request stuff. I'm glad I have a limited income. Lots of very worthy causes, but all my discretionary is allocated. I feel God wants me to support the causes that I do.

Speaking of good causes, I got a small package from World Missionary Press. I had requested some Chinese and Vietnamese Scripture booklets for distribution, and also some Spanish. I got about a dozen "Let's Praise the Lord" ones - for distribution to Christians. I am almost completely out of "my" booklets, so this was great. I have bitterly regretted not having the other languages - now I have them, and can share.

I desperately need more booklets, but I asked about a week ago. I'll be delighted when they arrive.

In the meantime, somewhere in there I need to finish my "Where to Look in the New Testament" tract. I carry my notebook with me, researching. I should be able to compile it and get them going soon.

Time for me to go hit the Bible Study and prayer time. I rearranged my notebook - I could never remember all the requests, and would do well just to remember to pray for myself and Ron. The notebook has a nice list of reuqests for God, under various headings. For instance, one whole category is people on the internet. Like my blog readers (wink). Salvation if unsaved, good Christians witnesses for y'all, health for you, friends, and family, etc. It's all in my notebook. I read each item off and pray it.

Off I go!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Heather honey my brain is chasing its tail as well right now
maybe it is in the "air" ?

hugs to you I am goign to dig in the garden and try to shake this off
how about the garden? what you got going? how is your weather going

Ginny said...

Glad you had a better day today! I know the economy is bad. My DH had to take a transfer to another state for his job. Not sure if we will eventually sell our house and move or what...time will tell.

I do not blame you one bit for not letting/wanting that driver in to use your bathroom! I think they had alot of nerve asking!!