Monday, March 29, 2010

"Make it count" and no one wants a cupcake

I'm still having some trouble falling asleep. When I do, I ask God to "Make it count" [use the sleep I do get to charge me up enough to be a productive employee]. I fell asleep around 9, and then I woke up again, so I got about 4 hours total.

God did make it count, I had enough juice to get up at 2:30, do my Bible study, talk to Ron (he will work on being more appreciative), fix my breakfast, and grab my huge tote bag of baked goods as I headed out the door.

First driver: I'm on a diet. AGH. No treats. On the one hand, I'm thrilled. A little disappointed, though.

We got to work, so, so early. It was 4-something. I realized I had 3 deliveries, a pull, and stocking to do in a shorter-than-I'd-like window. On, 4 hours sleep.

I'm glad I prayed! So, I got to work. Did the pull, set up the deposit, got paid eventually. Made my personal deposit so my missionary gets to eat this month [grin].

First delivery - donuts. I gave him a brownie cupcake. He said thank you. I also gave one to one of my favorite postal heavy-equipment-drivers. He is a very good driver (a forklift, basically).

I saw the guy who ran over my husband, again. I'm glad I'm saved; and God put his forgiveness in my heart. I still feel uncomfortable around him though: he is a terrible driver, and they always have him up on the heavy equipment. He doesn't watch where he's going! That's how he got Ron. He almost ran ME over a week ago as I was out on the dock. Anyway, it's uncomfortable when I see him, and I try to avoid it. He did not get a brownie.

Other than that, work went great. We got our Dr Pepper delivery, late. Ron is very excited to start selling the Sunkist Diet Orange. It's his personal favorite now. I have figured out the Dr Pepper guy is an alien. What, redblooded human doesn't want a brownie? EVER? So, he must be an alien.

I also got sandwiches. He was happy to get his brownie. I stocked everything. I realized we would need to come back on Wednesday, my day off, for a couple of reasons. I'm OK with that because we NEED to.

Thank God we need to! Sales were pretty decent from what I could tell, for this time of year.

We ran a couple of errands with more non-sugar-eater-drivers. One, after taking the cupcake, wanted to know how I lost the weight. I started with "AFTER you eat the cupcake...."

I don't know. The brownies seemed to move "right quick". The devil's food chocolate cake with dark chocolate icing (for the gals at the bank) was very eagerly accepted. But cupcakes? Nyah. Nobody wanted a cupcake!

I handed the rest out at Walmart, they were pretty popular there. They seemed very baffled as to why I'd do this. I ask God to put His love in my heart! I love to bake! Seems natural to me.

However, next time I bake something to hand out - I'll do brownies. They move a lot quicker.

No comments: