Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Budget/Where is Spring?

I like to sit down and figure out my budget before I get paid, then I have a good idea what I can spend, each week. I am very fortunate; my husband supports me, and my small salary is "mine".

Other than the obvious, $30 on the old hospital bill, some online debit committments, and all, it's fun to figure out what I'm going to do with God's money. Buy another case of Bibles? It looks like I may need to, I'm about halfway to two-thirds down. Rather, the box is about 1/3 to halfway, FULL. [laugh]

When I was told Ron would be partially paralyzed on the right, I said, oh, that's the broken up side anyway! I am convinced if he didn't have the numbness, he would be in terrible pain. I really enjoy that about myself.

I have gotten a lot of free stuff from one company, I can estimate what the cash value would be, and double it. $20 for them. I also need a haircut. Another $20 - I have a nice lady and I believe in being a good tipper!

When all is said and done, I still have enough to buy food and all. That's all that matters. I thought I would "have" to get new bermuda shorts, but it seems the ones I kept from last year (possibly "too tight"? I hope so, I would be a bit disappointed to see I still fit in last-years size) fit great. That's a nice denim skort, 2 bermudas, and a pair of shorts. Maybe the grey denim bermudas, too. Plenty of clothes for my summer wardrobe. Anyway, that saved me some bucks! I would have spent $30 or so for 2 pair.

Now, for me, $30 (if I don't count soda) is grocery money for two weeks. I just don't eat that much taking Wellbutrin. I'm getting enough, I'm healthy, but my calorie needs have adjusted to my lower weight.

I've mentioned this, but God has a fascinating way of sending me wonderful, 50 cent, $1, and "budget" books that are very valuable to me in my Christian walk. If I had to pay full price, I don't think I could afford one book a pay period!

I'm blessed with an EXCELLENT bookstore and publisher, who have a deep and abiding belief that evangelism is IMPORTANT. They back that up with wondeful New Testaments, for the price of a candy bar. God IS good, all the time.

Yes, I'm wearing summer clothes now, albeit with a jacket. We went from bitter cold, to warm, in just a few days. I'm sure we'll get some cold weather again; I'm not about to put up my "Big Blue" coat. But I think I can begin moving the long underwear, wool outerwear, and wool socks to the less-accessible drawer.

Since I may be a little more prone to overheating, I think I will wear one of those microfiber type shirts when I have a day out - they wick the sweat and keep me cooler than cotton. Nothing worse than sweating all over a cotton shirt and having that heavy wet cotton sticking to my skin as I roast in the sun. I can pick up a few more on the bargain racks if they work. They have plenty of t-shirt styles.

I'll probably get out my cotton shawls and start using them, too. I like to cover up a little on a hot sunny day, if I'm not moving. Sitting at a bus stop, for instance. They are cute, girly, and practical. They probably do make me look "fatter", like the cotton bandanas I love to tuck in a belt loop (nothing worse than an exploding diet soda and nothing to stanch the flow! Or, a sweaty, dripping face. I don't want that on my HAND). But, I don't think that really MATTERS in the long run.

I feel it is important to be presentable and well-groomed, and I think most days I qualify. My hair is getting some flyaway ends, so I'll be getting it cut. It's a good opportunity to witness to the stylist, and leave a few tracts in the magazine rack, if God leads me.

I beg God, on a daily basis "Don't let me take one step outside Your will"! I am determined to do whatever, and however much He requires.

Oh, and here's my favorite little prayer, I like to use this when I'm getting stressed out:
God, Please put:
Your thoughts in my head.
Your love in my heart.
Your words in my mouth (and hands as I blog).

No comments: