Sunday, March 28, 2010

You may get fat reading about these baked goods

I had a good start today, but then life came along. I let someone elses' bad mood infect me.

However, I have a little routine on certain delivery days - I do some baking. I thought it might be fun to do a little more than usual. After all, I was going somewhere after work, and they love my baked goods. Pretty soon I had a couple of boxes of Jiffy Mix in the cart at the grocery store.

When I got home, I didn't want to mess up my clothes so I changed into a sport bra and control top jeans. Let me tell you, looking at what's left of my midsection sure cured any little snacking impulses!

"Grumpy" retreated to the Grump Cave. I began the baking. I started with the nut-free brownie. A box of Jiffy Mix will get you a 9x5 brownie. That's a nice little size, especially considering the price. People have eaten these Jiffy things and said they were good, too.

I know a cashier who has a severe peanut allergy. I made her a brownie, adding caramel and chocolate chips. Those are OK - at least the brands I use. She has eaten these before, loved it, and asked for the recipe.

So, I had that bad boy cooling up on top of the stove. She has a co-worker. Coworker LOVES nuts, so I add peanut butter chips to the above recipe, then bake. When the brownies are about half done, I throw another handful on the top. I baked a popsicle stick into the nut free one so I know for sure.

Another place I'm going also loves my brownies, but I was in a cake mood. So, I made a devils food cake mix (Jiffy again), adding chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter chips! Not only that, I frosted it with a deep, dark, chocolate frosting. Oh, yeah. I did take a tiny lick off the spatula when I was done frosting and got immediate head pain. Thank God for migraines.

I was also in a vanilla mood. I decided to make some cupcakes, with the chips. They were harder to bake than the whole cake - it was tricky to balance when they were done. I frosted half of them with the dark chocolate frosting, and the other half with vanilla frosting. Oh, and the frosting? Definitely got that home-made look. I have decided to view them as cute, endearing, and obviously a lot of effort. I plan to give the ugliest cupcake to my (blind) buddy Bruce tomorrow. He won't care!

Now we get to my delivery guys. At least one loves my brownies. So, I made a final batch of Jiffy brownies, with the chips, and baked them in a muffin pan! I have very nice brownies! Depending on who I get, I can hand out a few to half a dozen.

I can also hand out the cupcakes and brownie-cakes to my drivers tomorrow.

I love to bake, I love to spoil people, I love to create. It was a great way to whack a bad mood, even BEFORE I found the Resident Evil & Riddick movies on TNT. My 2 favorite movie franchises. :)

Of course, now I have a huge tote bag of baked goods. Pretty funny, but a good way to cope, I think.

I am always going to bake in the sport bra and jeans - or the knit shorts. It was very motivating to see what's left of my belly.

No comments: