Tuesday, December 29, 2020

What day is it? Oh, Tuesday

 I had trouble falling asleep last night and then woke up at 1.  I couldn't fall back asleep until 3 (I got up).  I got up around 7 and got ready for work.  Ron was asleep when I left so I didn't wake him.  

We went to the warehouse; they had cat treats so I grabbed some.  NO Coke cans, again.  It is crazy.  I got what I could.  

Sam's club has these touchpads if you make a tax-exempt purchase.  I am very disciplined in only exempting work purchases, for instance, I paid sales tax on the cat treats and some bottled drinks for us to work on as we went to work.  Anyway this pad was messed up and I had a horrible time signing.  

We went to work, I got the carts, we unloaded, I went in and stocked.  One of my snack machines has a horrific coin jam, the repairman (thank God I can afford him) is coming out Monday.  I have learned to pick my battles.  A new coin mech is I believe is at minimum a few hundred dollars, a repair is $75, better to have the repair.  

I am angry because I am pretty sure it is the guy I had a talk with - he had put a 50 cent piece into the machine and then half destroyed the machine trying to "get it back" and very irate when he saw me.  I told him he had cost me over a hundred dollars and I would give him two quarters back.  "I want my 50 cent piece" "So you can put it back in the machine?  No.  50 cent pieces do not work in the vending machines.  Do not ever use them again."  And here someone has.  If it is the same guy I am going to talk to his supervisor about making him pay for the repair.  We can't afford to keep shoveling money into the machine because they want to lash out at an authority figure and see us as a "safe" target.  

Anyway, I will deal with that on Monday.  It will be my job, tomorrow, to act blase about it.  "Oh, it's down, so what..."  Because if they are doing this to get a response I don't want to feed that behavior.  The repairman is a good guy and can use the money.  

I stocked what I could.  But I have to wonder about the average person and reading comprehension.  I had a note up on the bottled vendor "WATER COLD.  OTHER DRINKS COLD AFTER 5 PM TUESDAY"  And a guy bought a Coke, upset it wasn't cold.  "Didn't you read the note?"  "Yes"  "What did you take it to mean?"  He read it again, very slowly, looked at the drink in his hand "OH!"  Yeah.  And I don't think it is just my population.  It is more than a little frightening.  He still wanted the drink.  

If I ever get home health in here I will not anticipate leaving a lot of notes, seeing how the average person processes them.  Finished up at work, called Jack.  

Mrs. Jack was upset at him she felt he was taking advantage of my good nature.  I clarified and told him to let her know I was fine, if I had a problem I would tell him.  We went to Little Cesar's after work and I asked what they had, regular breadstick, stuffed cheesy breadsticks (sold!), and pepperoni pizza.  That sounded good so I got the stuffed sticks and the pizza.  It only came to $9.  Not bad at all.  I came home.  

Ron was awake and said hello but not super cuddly today.  The cats were happy to see the treats.  I ate some breadsticks, fed some to Ron, ate a slice of pizza and took my pills.  Plenty of pizza left. I took a nap and woke up with a headache but I had some orange juice and that helped.  

Biscuit recognizes a gallon jug and gets very excited when it comes out of the fridge.  Even if it is orange juice.  He has figured out I don't have any milk and has stopped begging every time he sees the juice.  Poor baby.  The juice did help, though.  

I have Dr Pepper coming early tomorrow.  Oh, a side note.  I noticed my jar of "smooth tasting" (says several times on label) plant protein (mainly pea protein) sitting on the counter.  This morning?  I had donuts.  I could get a dozen for $2 at Walmart so I did that, they were the cake variety which I like.  I can have the plant protein on my day off.  I am just scared it will be awful and then I have to go to work queasy or whatever.  

So tomorrow I go to work early.  I did what I could for snacks, and bottle drinks, so I will really only have canned drinks and not even Coke out of that.  Hopefully I will get the majority of what I ordered.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: