Monday, December 28, 2020

Monday

 I slept OK but woke up exhausted.  This seems to be the new depression manifestation.  Not much fun.  

I got ready for work, Ron needed last minute stuff but I got him settled before I left.  I went to work.  

Work was pretty unremarkable save a few things I will mention: the other vendor's guys borrowed my hand cart.  I didn't care about that (would prefer they clean the handle before putting it back), but they put it back "wrong" causing a huge jam up of 3 carts it took a couple minutes to extricate, then the guy got an attitude with me because I was "in the way".  If he had put it back the way he found it I would have been out of there in seconds.  But I imagine it's a lot like a roommate situation you have to pick your battles carefully and this is not a battle.  Just a slow annoyance now and then.  I am actually OK if they borrow it because they do let me use their dumpsters.  I just wish they would put it back with the plate at the bottom under the other cart the way I store it.  

I was told at work a lot of people are out sick and to "be careful".  I was, lots of hand washing and I didn't even touch the mask until I was out of there.  

Jack couldn't help me after dropping me at work so I hailed a Uber.  Not very much (about what I have been paying Jack) to take me to the "good" bank by the Walmart.  So I did that, did my transaction.  I forgot to trade in the $5's for something larger but I can work with that.  

I had enough to buy soda and go to Sam's Club, and a little left for groceries.  So I walked over to the Walmart.  It was pretty crowded, more than I like.  Shopping was pretty uneventful I did notice very low baby formula which would be upsetting if I had an infant.  As things stood for me, they had the Iams Urinary care formula in the 7 pound bag so I was "fine".  They did not have the disposable bed pads which was frustrating.  They had every kind of adult diaper imaginable in every possible size, but no bed pads.  Well they had some from Depends but they were $1 a pad.  I already get a lot of other home care stuff so I can't afford name brands.  It's a shame because these things (the store brand) soak up tons of liquid one time Ron spilled a bottle of vodka and it soaked up a couple of cups.  So a little disappointing but you could say my fault because the truck comes in Monday night, so I shopped at their lowest inventory level and right after a major holiday at that.  They did have wet wipes.  

I had to get some more of the stool softener capsules and it was a very confusing layout.  Maybe I am just dumb today but I couldn't figure out the display until I prayed.  Then I found the giant bottle I was seeking for $10.  That will hold Ron for quite a while.  

Oh, and last night I almost got into our stash of constipation products because I was horribly backed up with cramps.  But I tried some decaf coffee and that got things going again.  Apparently I really do need some coffee every day.  But it was nice to know we had them.  

That's why I got the Colace because it has worked for Ron and isn't extreme in it's action.  

I read something interesting in my menopause group, a woman was saying she had very good results with upping her protein, it made her hair grow in thicker.  That actually makes a lot of sense so I was very interested.  I found a pea protein blend by Walmart and I got that.  I don't expect it to be "smooth" but if I can gag it down, great.  Pea proteins are pretty grim but they fill me up AMAZINGLY so great first thing, and of course more protein (high quality) will only help my immune system.  

I had a long wait in line.  One young man was angry about waiting in line and cut on the line next to me, saying "I can't be looking to see..." (meaning he couldn't be bothered to turn his head to see if the line continued across the little gap the waiting shoppers had left for traffic).  He just shoved into the gap.  He was with, looked like a grandmother, and she made him move but the other shoppers were NOT happy.  

I had a pretty short wait on my Uber.  Now you may have heard the old southern tradition of eating Black Eyed Peas for "good luck" on New Year's day.  Eating cooked greens is supposed to bring money, the peas bring good luck.  Everyone on Facebook has been saying they would fix peas this year.  So I bought 2 cans, one for me, one for the Uber.  

She was from out of state, you should have seen her face as I explained.  But she took it!  A quick ride home and I put everything away, took off my clothes, showered, then dealt with Ron (nothing pressing).  I have some good things to eat this week, and more cat food.  I couldn't get the disposable pads but I will be OK.  

I got on the computer for a while while my hair dried (I don't have a dryer) and a short nap with Biscuit and Torbie.  Biscuit hogged most of the bed but I still managed to fall asleep.  

Ron was very cranky at pill time, I called him on it, he apologized immediately.  He is good about that.  He took his pills, after I finish this post I will take mine.  

My hives have been better so it may have been the herbs I was taking.  Happily I am OK with the immunity herbs.  

That's it for now.  

Edit: checked the mail, got the gift cards!  I won't have to cook all week!  👍  Thank you!  

No comments: