Thursday, December 3, 2020

The mess I can talk about

 This one I can talk about.  

I took a nap with Biscuit, the cats were very attentive to me today and absolutely precious.  I COULD NOT have better cats.  

I got Ron to take some Coconut oil it is a really good antiviral and good for skin.  His psoriasis is flaring so he could use a boost.  Hopefully it will help; at worst it can't hurt.  

So I took a nap.  When I woke up Ron had spilled about 1 liter of vodka all over his bed.  I have his bed set up with a rubber sheet, fabric sheet, washable "chux" pad (about 3 foot square), and disposable bed pads.  The last got everything, the fabric sheet was fine, so easy to clean up.  

The chux pads came in a 4 pack so easy to throw a fresh one down with some of the disposables, get him a bath (while I'm at it) and back to bed.  Now I would never talk about any other sort of messes (to preserve his dignity) but I can talk about this.  All the pads did their job.  I had an easy cleanup.  

Then I washed the chux that needed it, with another one in the washer for balance (I have a top loader, which I prefer).  It takes a while to dry... my dryer is very good - let's not forget it had TWO leaks on it, the ceiling fell in on it, dragged around by my workers, but the low cycle has never really been warm enough to my liking, even before all the drama.  I don't want to dry it on high so I just dry it on low for a while and finish it air drying.  

Ron wanted some split pea soup.  He called an old friend (male) while I cooked and talked about it.  Ron always says Ed is my #1 fan he just thinks I am the best wife ever and has told Ron he envies him.  Anyway, Ed said someone from Ron's schooldays, a woman, was asking about him.  Ron wasn't interested in talking to her.  But he kept talking about how great I was which I found endearing.  

I am feeling about 80% now I should be OK for work tomorrow.  I had better be! 

No comments: