Friday, December 25, 2020

Well, they didn't have a party *next door*...

 Imagine my joy when 8 PM came and went with no signs of a party.  I would get some sleep.  I went to bed around 9.  Then the other neighbors (down the street, I think) started up with the loud Mexican polka.  

[cursing]  That went until 3:30 AM.  I had to get up at 5 to give Ron his pills, but I hit the off button by accident and not the snooze, on my alarm.  I was about an hour late (they said 2x a day but I like to do every 12 hours, he is fine).  Not a good way to start the day!  

So I opened my presents, I got a nice little tablet I hope to use for Zoom calls with my parents.  I also got some delicious decaf coffee and a Bible cover.  Ron got another massager and a new radio, which was well timed as he broke his old one last night.  He was very happy to see them.  

So I thought time for a very Merry Christmas and opened up the can of Turkey dinner canned cat food.  Biscuit came running, and Torbie, and they ate the entire thing.  The other cats are like, "What?"  And now I feel terrible they didn't get a Christmas dinner.  Moral: get TWO cans next year.  Sorry, guys.  

I do feel like a terrible mother but if that is the worst thing that happens.  

Ron got a bottle of vodka for Christmas he is enjoying that.   I got Arby's yesterday (delivered) for dinner tonight.  Nothing more depressing than looking in your pantry for Christmas dinner when there's only 2 of you.  

One thing I need to do, I am really craving ham.  I might buy a little chopped ham and cook it for us.  Put some brown sugar and cloves on it...yum.  Of course the stores are closed today (as they should) but maybe next week, do it for new year's.  

I am going to try to take a nap so I don't get too manic.  I have calls to make later.  

Edit: I had enough left on the gift card I only paid $1.89 for a tablet cover.  👍

No comments: