Sunday, December 20, 2020

So I went to church and even took communion

 Not a big secret I am a confirmed Presbyterian, from a long line of same.  My mother was not but acquiesced when my Dad insisted.  I feel most comfortable with them.  

My aunt and uncle are also Presbyterians. They invited me to services and then lunch; sounded fun. They came to the house, said hi to Ron, and we left.  We went to their house for a little bit and then church.  

I was not out of place in jeans and a t-shirt, although many were nicer dressed.  I just don't have church clothes hasn't been a big priority.  I have a site bookmarked that does have some appropriate dresses should I start attending more often.  Since I am a 3x it can be a little difficult to find cute and appropriate things.  

Anyway, nice people, good distancing.  They had a policy you could wear a mask or not, up to you.  I wore mine.  That worked fine until we started singing.  My masks have several layers of fabric and I got out of breath pretty quickly.  I realized I could not sing every line.  But I wanted to sing.  So I sang a line, took some deep breaths, skipped a line, and sang the next.  It worked.  God understood.  The last thing I wanted to do was pass out and hit my head.  

Good sermon.  Not quite the "rock star" of my last church but no one was pointing fingers and calling me a sinner for taking my antipsychotics, either.  I called it a win.  They were all very nice, and I liked the order and length.  Long enough I felt like I went to church but not so long I felt like I wanted to look at my watch.  

They did communion, I took off my mask for that.  After we finished I put it right back.  

They voted on an elder, and a deacon (they're in) and we left.  We went to get BBQ.  It was pretty busy at the restaurant and they had seating, but we got it to go and took it to their house.  I got a brisket sandwich I wasn't super hungry.  We had a good meal.  

When asked how Ron is doing, I was honest and focused on the positive aspects: he is very appreciative, he is very committed to taking his pills, etc.  My uncle was a little taken aback by the commode chair and asked a few questions.  

Ron did say it was OK (direct quote "I don't know these people in real life") he has been having some issues with constipation which did NOT come up during the meal.  He is doing well we made a few lifestyle changes. But it has been an issue this week and one I did not discuss.  

I am really striving to focus, and more importantly, discuss, positive things in my life and not be a negative person going on and on and on - as I have done in the past. I didn't really think about it but I was glad to see that's how it flowed.  Because there is always something positive to focus on.  

We came home, I covered Ron up and made him "decent".   My uncle talked to him some more.  I talked to my aunt, who happily hauled of the 50 unwanted postal boxes.  We had a good time, they left.  

They got a good look at Ron and got to see he was OK, although my uncle is concerned Ron is a little puffy in his face.  I think it is a combination of the beard (I need to trim it) and lying down in bed, if he sat up I am sure his face would have looked thinner.  

Am I going to worry about it?  No.  I have enough on my plate.  

I dropped a pint of bbq sauce in the kitchen so I had to clean that up with my towels, I went ahead and washed a load of ALL towels.  I didn't use the washing soda, et al because it can be irritating to skin and I use them for drying off (most of them).  I didn't want that, but it looks like the Tide alone did a good job of getting the sauce out.  

We'll see in a minute, I did an extra rinse with some vinegar (it makes the towels fluffier and more absorbent).  I may run a load of clothes after that.  Yes, I did, and yes, the Tide got the stains.  Good stuff.  Good washer!  

I am really glad I got to keep my washer and dryer out of all the mayhem last year.  God helped me pick a good pair.  

Ron sounded really good - oh, I forgot to share this.  With churches now they ask you to silence your phone.  I have this nice do not disturb mode so I set it for that.  After church I saw Ron had called; I had forgotten to tell him I would have to turn off my phone during the service, for obvious reasons.  So I called him back, he sounded really good and upbeat.  He never makes me feel bad about leaving him and I think he enjoys the break.  

When I got home Cleo was in one of her spots, the bottom shelf of the cat tree between the couch and the wall.  She came out and actually approached my aunt very carefully - and Cleo is very timid about strangers.  My aunt is really more what I would term "cat neutral" not a big fan but doesn't hate them.  Cats pick that up she is not going to want kisses or run them off.... so they tend to check her out.  If my aunt didn't have grandkids they would be a perfect match.  

Although I remember it was about a year ago I woke up there was Cleo in my bed.  She makes her own calls.  She is so cute when she gets on the couch and shoves her little butt in my face. 

And a last thought I believe Ron is going to be one of the most happy people at the rapture.  He will finally be free of his many physical issues and finally free.  I think that is one reason he gets so depressed when he talks about his death experience (he was dead for 10 minutes), he talks about the peace, the freedom, the lack of fear and looks like he wants to weep when he contemplates living on Earth instead.  

Don't get me wrong, I will be glad to be free of my "shackles", too, but I have to think he will be happier.  

No comments: