Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Wednesday Afternoon

 It's a good thing I had my bucket.  The iced tea didn't stay put. Not much fun but I did feel better after I got rid of it.  This wasn't too bad as the migraines go (through around 2 PM).  

I cleaned the bucket after I got sick and went to bed with Spotty, Cleo, and Biscuit.  It was a little crowded so Spotty went back under the bed.  I was still hurting but not as bad, and was OK as long as I stayed still.  

The cats have an astounding capacity to occupy space; it was especially bad when I was sleeping on the cot.  I'm amazed I got even a minute of sleep.  Biscuit was the worst offender occupying the middle and bottom half of the bed.  I managed, though, until the power went off.  

I decided to get up and unplug the computer, went back to bed.  The power came on some time later.  

Ron was very quiet and needed very little help aside from a boost sitting up in bed so he could get on the commode. Praise God.  I really wasn't up for it.  

I didn't even do the accounting report, looks like I will do that Friday morning.  It isn't due until Wednesday.  Since I am feeling better I will call Jack and set up a ride to go to Sam's tomorrow.  We're not going to make any money without inventory.  

It is interesting, Ron never really trusted me to take care of his business.  Part of that is my fault.  When he started the business I was only supposed to help with some things, but, like some sort of squid, pretty soon he wanted my tentacles in everything.  I would tell him "It's not my business" he had been very clear when we set it up it would be his.  So I threw that back in his face.  

But of course over time I ended up doing more and more.  When I came home the other day he was really surprised and impressed with my report.  Good to know.  

If I have my way he will not go back to work until next spring or when the virus has died down.  Harris county (where I live) is still in the red zone right now.  

I have a pretty strict policy when I go out, these days.  When I come home I immediately wash my hands.  I put things away if I have them.  I get undressed, put the clothes in the laundry room, and take a shower.  It is a little bit of a hassle but I feel better doing that.  

The absolute worst thing I could do is go out, come home, and say, give Ron his medication (involves me sticking fingers in his mouth) with unwashed hands and expose him to whatever I touched that day.  At any rate I am drinking some gatorade.  

I can't say this enough, buy yourself some of the gatorade powder and take it as needed when you have been vomiting, and feel better enough for some fluids.  It is really important for me to stay hydrated and keep up my salt intake, the lithium can be pretty harsh.  It is just a really good thing to have on hand.  I have "fruit punch" right now, but I need to buy some more as I am down to about half a can.  It's good stuff, easy to mix, tastes good.  

I was craving very cold drinks so I put some ice in mine.  👍

I plan to take it easy the rest of the idea and have NO idea what I am doing for dinner.  I may do a cup of noodles.  That's it for now.  

No comments: