Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Tuesday morning

 I need to file the monthly report, but I have until the 9th to do it.  Ron and I made an executive decision to do it tomorrow.  

I got a couple of things from Amazon yesterday, the "chux" (washable absorbent bed pads) for Ron.  I eagerly awaited the arrival of the dark roast coffee (Seattle's Best Post Alley Blend, a French roast) and a timer.  

I was looking for an Amazon truck and they sent it regular mail but I did "catch" it around 8 PM when I actually looked on Amazon.  I got it and brought it in the house.  I had a learning curve on the timer and didn't figure it out completely until this morning, and accidentally brewed a pot of my fancy new coffee.  It looked really good so I drank it (I only brew 12 ounces at a time).  It is very good and not burnt tasting like Starbucks, but it has a ton of flavor and some good depth to it.  

I used to work at a coffee shop for a couple months and got a taste for good coffee, but I didn't understand regulating caffeine, had some anxiety and insomnia issues, stopped drinking coffee.  But I am manic for coffee now so I am riding that a little within reason.  So, the coffee is very good.  If you like a good dark (leaded) coffee I recommend it.  

I went to bed late and had a hard time getting up.  I did and gave Ron his pills.  He was fine in bed under his blanket (it was cold last night) with the massager going and Torbie right next to the massager.  She loves that thing.  I know she is very old so I am glad she is comfortable.  She also likes electric blankets.  

I figured out the timer, I had the little tabs reversed, I had them up instead of down or vice versa.  I got that fixed and was up after that so I said heck with it and stayed up.  I did get the timer to brew me a cup of coffee and it was very good.  

I think my problem with the pecan coffee I had yesterday it sat overnight (unbrewed) and all the flavor evaporated from the grounds.  It would probably be fine if I made it fresh but I don't have the brains to set up a whole coffee pot first thing in the morning.

I am still debating what to do with the pecan coffee.  I have a limited amount of room in the cabinet.  So I drank the good stuff and got online.  

I have a half sister and a half brother.  They have the same mother and a different father than me.  My mother was married several times so I am honestly surprised I only have 2 living siblings.  Anyway my sister had 3 kids.  My brother had 2 I am Facebook friends with.  My nephew Shane contacted me today, says my brother is looking to talk to me.  

First thought: My sister is dead.  We will see.  

Second thought: He is going to yell at me for cutting off contact with my sister.  

Third thought: He probably needs money.  But I have, "like" zero at hand.  But I am not worried he is very easygoing and works hard at that.  

I know he is not in Houston because he said he hated the city.  I hope he is doing well.  He's a good guy.  He made me a necklace for the wedding which I wore proudly, he is a craftsman.  The necklace, happily, was NOT stolen along with my other things.  I am glad to have it, never any question about keeping that in my mind.  

So I gave Shane my email, he can email me my brother's number and I will call.  Hopefully he just wants to catch up, it has been a few years.  Last I heard his friend died suddenly and the guy's family evicted him with very little notice.  

I plan to get dressed, do my God Time, and then head out to Walmart before it gets too crazy.  

No comments: